Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Big time stupid V8 Q:
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
Inside the engine bay, just over where the clutch cable comes out, there is a big hole with a boot. That might be it or the one just next to it?

But most of these openings in the bulkhead go directly into my crank pulley.

'Geez, I hope it's an opening I just can't see....

V8 guys, Help! =-) huh.gif ohmy.gif biggrin.gif
914GT
It slides into a small tube sticking out of the firewall.
Dr. Roger
Hi Guy,

sorry for the stupid sounding question...

I got this car without anything in the engine compartment.

I don't know where anything goes, but i figured out the clutch no problem.

Did you have the same problem with the throttle tube coming out right at the pulley?

I'm going to bend it to point it straight up if that is what it takes..... ????? Without pinching it...
914GT
Roger

This picture isn't the greatest but it shows the accelerator cable right above the speedo cable. I didn't need to bend anything to clear the balancer/pulley.
Dr. Roger
Hmmm,
either your pulley is much smaller than mine, or my engine is lower than yours.

Pulley and engine mounts are from Renegade.

I had to do the, "stick a small phillips into the tube and bend gently upwards" trick.

Yea', there is definately something different between our two setups. ???? What, I have no idea. biggrin.gif

IT's all good now.
914GT
You made it work that's all that matters.
neo914-6
Someday we should take relative measurements of the DH, RS, Jaide, and RH engine support bar. Engine location in the bay is critical for several things.

I believe everyone mounts their w/p on the right side except RH.

My throttle is a Terry cable Brad and crew routed straight back on the right side of the engine and up over. Not sure this is the best way since I could not get full motion to open the secondaries. Maybe a bell crank would help.

Glad you worked it out Roger...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.