Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 71 Aux Air Regulator
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Shackleford
Does anyone have a functioning AAR? Mine seems to be electronically bad. Not just stuck. When hooked up to power something seems to draw allot of power and my bench top power supply goes into protect mode and turns off the power. Not sure why. it measures 15 ohms of resistance. Afraid to hook it back up cause I don't want to dry a relay or a fuse.

Looking for a functioning one.

Thanks!
JamesM
It draws a lot of power because its basically a short to ground with a bit of resistance in it. The power draw is what heats it up causing it to close the valve over time.

15 ohms is normal

If the heater is working (which is sounds like it is) the only other mode of failure is the valve getting physically jammed from moving. If this is the case, soak the hose end in PBblaster or other penetrating oil overnight to free it up.

Its a very simple device.
JamesM
You can get more in depth details on it here.

https://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/DJetParts.htm
Shackleford
QUOTE(JamesM @ Jan 14 2022, 08:25 PM) *

It draws a lot of power because its basically a short to ground with a bit of resistance in it. The power draw is what heats it up causing it to close the valve over time.

15 ohms is normal

If the heater is working (which is sounds like it is) the only other mode of failure is the valve getting physically jammed from moving. If this is the case, soak the hose end in PBblaster or other penetrating oil overnight to free it up.

Its a very simple device.

Thanks! Guess I’ll just see if I unstuck it by installing it. I had soaked it in PB blaster for a few days.
StarBear
popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.