Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FOUND: Rear Wheel hub
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mmichalik
Anyone have one for sale?
I've seen the one for sale on e-bay but would rather give my money to a member first, if possible.
Thanks,
Mike
mepstein
I can check storage tomorrow. Do you want early or late?
mmichalik
It would be for my '74.
Thank you sir!
914LIVE
=================================

Good afternoon.

Have a dozen or so.

Message sent.

Thank you.

=================================
mmichalik
@mepstein any luck?
mepstein
QUOTE(mmichalik @ Jan 15 2022, 07:43 PM) *

@mepstein any luck?

No, I’m sorry. I don’t have any.
IronHillRestorations
I'm pretty sure I have one but it'll be a couple weeks before I'll be going home.
mmichalik
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 15 2022, 04:46 PM) *

QUOTE(mmichalik @ Jan 15 2022, 07:43 PM) *

@mepstein any luck?

No, I’m sorry. I don’t have any.

Thanks for checking @mepstein!
mmichalik
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Jan 16 2022, 07:42 AM) *

I'm pretty sure I have one but it'll be a couple weeks before I'll be going home.

Thanks @IronHillRestorations
There's one other person who said he may have some, I'll check with him.
If not, I'll reach out to you and see, closer to when you're back home.
(Hopefully on vacation, have a good one!)
IronHillRestorations
@mmichalik no worries here, do whatever you need to do to get it done.
Superhawk996
Just a reminder -- URO now has rear wheel hubs new. Both in 4 lug and 5 lug version.

Edit: I'm mistaken - two part numbers both are for 5 lug. One for 914/4 splines and the other is for 911 & 914/6 splines.
mmichalik
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jan 17 2022, 09:54 AM) *

Just a reminder -- URO now has rear wheel hubs new. Both in 4 lug and 5 lug version.

@Superhawk996 Do you have any experience with them? Are they any good?
I didn't realize that they had them
EDIT: I can't seem to find the 4-lug version. My Google-Fu is usually pretty good but, not this time
914werke
i have them smile.gif
Superhawk996
QUOTE(mmichalik @ Jan 17 2022, 01:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jan 17 2022, 09:54 AM) *

@Superhawk996 Do you have any experience with them? Are they any good?
I didn't realize that they had them

I did purchase two of the five lug variants out of curiosity when they first became available. On the five lug there were some early issues with stud press in forces deforming the OD of the hub with is also the rear rotor pilot.

I belive URO then fixed that issue by slightly revising the OD of the hub. Best practice would be to turn the OD after the studs are pressed but for some reason URO sells without studs. confused24.gif

I ordered Verbus studs from the bird but they ended up backordered and I haven't pressed studs in mine yet.

On the 4 lug variant, this shouldn't be an issue at all. EDIT: I can't seem to find a 4 lug version either. I think I'm losing my mind. I did find the original URO post and they had a 2nd part number posted. It turned out that post was for the 5 lug version with 911 splines.

Original URO post here:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=4&t=352488

Steel quality looked good visually but of course I have no way to confirm metalurgy. Rotor surface appeared nicely turned. Appropriate radius at transition from hub to bearing (i.e. no sharp corners as stress riser). Splines appeared to be well formed and fit a 914/4 stub I had sitting around.

I did chuck it up in my lathe and hub appeared to run true visually but I didn't put a dial indicator on it.

Overall, I think they are a great option to old used parts. I don't think I'd hesitate to use them. @mmichalik

Especially so for the 5 lug variant that is splined to fit the 914/4 stub shafts. That alone is huge since it eliminates need for dealing with the spline mismatch between 911 5 lug hubs and 914 stubs. It also is a good solution to redrilling 4 lug hubs for 5 lug.
Superhawk996
@MMichalik

FYI -- looks like Rich has you covered.

Likewise, I have a take off set from my /4 that I can provide but I'll give 1st crack to Rich since he posted before me and since I'm a dope slap.gif that thought URO had a 4 lug version new. wacko.gif

Let me know if I can help.
mmichalik
QUOTE(914werke @ Jan 17 2022, 11:24 AM) *

i have them smile.gif

@914werke Just ordered one. Thank you!
@Superhawk996 @mepstein @IronHillRestorations @914LIVE Thanks for all your help here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.