Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Race Schools
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PatW
Has anyone attended a 3 or 4-day race school?. Opinions?.Would be interested in hear any. And if your street car/autocross skills improved. I don't have aspirations (too old) about getting my SCCA license but, I'd like to know if I could learn the skills getting a car around a race track safely. Although, getting a SCCA license would be a nice goal.

Had a long talk yesterday with the lead instructor at Derek Daily's school in Las Vegas.
Looks like that is the place to go. They are very helpful and answered all my silly questions. School is top rated in many print magazines. Has anyone done Skip Barber or Jim Russell?

Thanks.
Pat
bernbomb914
I did the Bonderant 5 day school many years ago when he was at Ontario Motor Speedway. Started with a 914/6 then a formula ford. I learned more about car control and proper apex approach. It was a Great experance and I would recommend it to any body who wants to race a car. You will know if you have the right stuff a lot cheaper than buying a race car then finding out its not for you.Iwent on to get a national ticket in a formula Vee. Had a blast. That was thirty years ago and was the most fun in my life.

Bernie driving.gif
Blynes
I did Skip Barber 3 day race school last March.

It was a blast.

If money is no object - go for it.

How many PCA drivers schools can you do for $3000+ ?

Personally I would have benefited from less classroom and more track time.

You can get most if not all of the class info from reading "Going Faster"

Bill
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.