Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Injector Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Planeswalker33
Well after getting everything going for a good while I ran into some life obstacles and had to put the car on hold. I needed new fuel injectors and was given a set as an early birthday present. The thing is.... they look pretty different and are shorter. I called the company I got them from and they assure me these are the correct ones and will work, but I'm pretty hesitant.

Picture is attached and these are Standard Motor Products FJ6. Any help is greatly appreciated. If these are not correct, any recs on where to go would be great. The old ones sat for 15ish years and I don't know if they're able to be fixed/rebuilt.

Thanks,
Brian
Craigers17
Those look like FJ67's. If they are, and you have a 2.0, they will work.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=343970

Send the originals to Mr. Injector & see if he can refurbish a few for spares. Good luck.
FlacaProductions
Yup - FJ67s in a 2.0 is fine.
Van B
What is your car; 1.7, 1.8, 2.0, 3.2, 7.3?
Planeswalker33
QUOTE(Van B @ Jan 27 2022, 04:41 PM) *

It’s a 1.8. I guess I’ll try sending the old ones in for a refurb and see how it goes.
Van B
1.8 injectors are NOT the same.

Look here for Porsche/VW and Bosch part numbers.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...&hl=neihoff
914Sixer
SMP FJ6 is the injector you need. Amazon, Rockauto, Parts Geek etc. Real Bosch are twice the price. Click to open
Van B
Here’s another thread:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=357779
FlacaProductions
So yes - if you got FJ6's and you have a 1.8 you're good to go.
I have the FJ67s in my 2.0 and they DO look different but run great.
emerygt350
QUOTE(Planeswalker33 @ Jan 27 2022, 09:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Van B @ Jan 27 2022, 04:41 PM) *

It’s a 1.8. I guess I’ll try sending the old ones in for a refurb and see how it goes.

Don't do that, looks like you have the right ones! I too have these standard motor product injectors (for a 2.0 of course) and they are quality.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Planeswalker33 @ Jan 27 2022, 05:28 PM) *

Well after getting everything going for a good while I ran into some life obstacles and had to put the car on hold. I needed new fuel injectors and was given a set as an early birthday present. The thing is.... they look pretty different and are shorter. I called the company I got them from and they assure me these are the correct ones and will work, but I'm pretty hesitant.

Picture is attached and these are Standard Motor Products FJ6. Any help is greatly appreciated. If these are not correct, any recs on where to go would be great. The old ones sat for 15ish years and I don't know if they're able to be fixed/rebuilt.

Thanks,
Brian

@Planeswalker33

What part number did you buy? The picture shown is not the correct injector for a 1.8. The connector is wrong. It shows the type used on D jet which plug inside the connector. L jet connectors go over the outside of the connector and have a clip.
ClayPerrine
There is a big difference between the injectors for a 1.7/2.0 and a 1.8. The 1.8 uses L-Jet injection, and the injectors are a different impedance and have a completely different connector than a 1.7/2.0 D-Jet injection.

Make it easy, go to FLAPS and buy 4 fuel injectors for a 1980 Datsun/Nissan 280ZX. The injection on a 280ZX is a Nippondenso licensed built copy of the Bosch L-Jet system. The injectors for the 280ZX are the same ones used on the Porsche 912E with L-Jet injection. Those injectors are the ones Porsche used to supersede the 914 1.8L injectors.

If it will help, the injectors are a Standard Motor Products FJ707.

Clay

MartyYeoman
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 28 2022, 01:00 PM) *

If it will help, the injectors are a Standard Motor Products FJ707.

Any idea how I could source an FJ707 type injector with the form bent tube? The only ones I see have a straight piece of hose. Not ideal.
914Sixer
Marty,
AA sells a bent elbow kit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.