Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jack Johnson at the Gorge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
echocanyons
I have a pair of tickets to Jack Johnson at the Gorge on 8/13 and I am no longer able to make it to the show.

SO.....

The first Washington or Northern Oregon local to post here, who will actually attend the show, gets them GRATIS.
fatlando
me and my son are going to hangout with rob zombie on 11 August! Is Jack Johnson that mellow dude??

fat lando happy11.gif
Meredith
I am beyond jealous that you have the chance to see him. And I am beyond bummed that I can't buy your tickets. sad.gif

-Mer
echocanyons
Meredith, would you be able to go?
Porsche Rescue
Here's the deal Meredith, you and your Dad drive to Portland on the day before, my wife and I will provide lodging that night, then you go to the Gorge amphitheater the next day. It will be a scenic drive you won't forget. You will have to find a place to stay the night of the concert since it is too far to come back to Portland afterwards.
Bleyseng
ok, who is Jack Johnson??? Is he like Cold Play?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Jul 30 2005, 08:33 PM)
ok, who is Jack Johnson??? Is he like Cold Play?

mellow.....

hard to explain. acoustic guitar mostly..... very easy listening...relaxing.....

AA
Brent
Jack Johnson is a surfer, self taught musician, who makes some sweet mellow music the ladies love. Yes, I let the wife listen to as much as she wants. Reminds her of the beach....good times...good times.
Dead Air
Thanks alot, I won't be able to make it. How about a 914 in demolition derby?
Eric Taylor
My Sister and I really like him i'm sure someone could figure something out, let me ask but i'm deffinatly interested in tickets especially at this price smile.gif
Eric

edit- yes I can read smile.gif
Porsche Rescue
Geoff, being a "mature" fellow like you I hadn't heard of him either. Figured heavy metal for sure. Did a Google search, found his website and heard some of his stuff. Quite pleasing.
echocanyons
Eric, post back if you things work out for you to go to this.

IMHO the Gorge is one of the top 10 venues in the US.
Carl
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Jul 30 2005, 05:44 PM)
Here's the deal Meredith, you and your Dad drive to Portland on the day before, my wife and I will provide lodging that night, then you go to the Gorge amphitheater the next day. It will be a scenic drive you won't forget. You will have to find a place to stay the night of the concert since it is too far to come back to Portland afterwards.

Wow! Thanks for the generous offer, Jim. I wish the calendar would allow us to do it.

My wife was raised in Hood River and I met her during my brief time as a student at OSU. Her parents now live a short distance away from West Salem.

I've never been to a concert at the Gorge but have made the drive several times between Portland and Hood River. The scenery is amazing. The whole area is a big reason why I'm looking forward to the WCC 2006. I hope to see you there.

Carl
Porsche Rescue
Wonders of the internet! Doing my part as a concert promoter, do a Google search for Gorge Amphitheater. Go to the first site listed and you will see a picture of the venue. Below find Jack Johnson and click on "details". There you will find 3 of his songs to sample. Go for it Eric. Location is 265 miles from Portland.

Sorry you can't make it Carl. Look forward to seeing you again next summer.
I first heard of the theater, located in George (yes, George) Washington about 15 years ago when my college-aged daughter and a girl friend bought tickets for a show. They thought it was somewhere in the gorge near Hood River. Learned about 5 hours before the concert that it was in Eastern Washington, 4.5 hours away. They made it, but barely. Then they left the concert late at night to find a motel. The muffler/tailpipe fell off her car in the middle of nowhere and they had to get a tow (pre-cell phone so they almost spent the night in the car). Some brilliant mechanic wired the tailpipe to the drive shaft of her old BMW. Believe it or not she made it home before the shaft wore through the wire. Maybe it's best Meredith not go!
Eric Taylor
Kelly you have a pm
Eric Taylor
We'll it looks like jim's daughter and I think a like, I didn't realize it was so far from portland. I've got to be back in newport at 11 the next morning, so I guess I can't go sad.gif.
Eric
echocanyons
Looks like Eric can't go, so these are still available
Carl
I guessed it was between Portland and Hood River, also, and just looked it up. Yeeeoww, that's a trip from Portland.
Meredith
Wow, I completely missed the progress of this thread! As Dad said, the scheduling isn't right. But thanks for the offer, Jim! I guess I'll just have to settle for listening to my JJ CD's really loud on the 13th, yeah? smile.gif
MattR
Jack Johnson is playing in Irvine on sunday. Maybe he's stopping in the bay area some time inbetween?
SirAndy
QUOTE (fatlando @ Jul 30 2005, 05:33 PM)
me and my son are going to hangout with rob zombie on 11 August!

now THAT would be worth a trip up north ...

aktion035.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.