Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Front control arm wanted
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
TonyH
Good evening everyone,

I am new to this forum, so please forgive any protocol errors........

I have a 1974 1.8L 914, ex-California car that needs a replacement left front control arm (wishbone) to take a torsion bar with 29 splines. The original control arm has rusted through.

If you have one for sale I would be grateful for the the price and condition etc.

If you are based in Europe that would be even better as it would save me a fortune in shipping and customs.

Thanks in advance,

TonyH, France
rhodyguy
Try the Facebook page listing 914 parts FS. Lots of European sellers. Does the replacement need to have the Anti swaybar droplink attachment? Be very specific with what you WTB.
bdstone914
QUOTE(TonyH @ Jan 30 2022, 11:07 AM) *

Good evening everyone,

I have a 1974 1.8L 914, ex-California car that needs a replacement left front control arm (wishbone) to take a torsion bar with 29 splines. The original control arm has rusted through.

If you have one for sale I would be grateful for the the price and condition etc.

If you are based in Europe that would be even better as it would save me a fortune in shipping and customs.

Thanks in advance,

TonyH, France

@TonyH
Dansk makes new ones that include the bushings installed. They sell for about $160.

Carried by Restoration Designs Europe.

https://www.restoration-design.eu/front-con...ft-1969-73.html
ClayPerrine
Do your current control arms have tabs for the sway bar links?

I have plenty of spares, and you can have one for the cost of shipping from Texas.

Clay
rhodyguy
Get a matched set at that price.
TonyH
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 31 2022, 08:27 AM) *

Try the Facebook page listing 914 parts FS. Lots of European sellers. Does the replacement need to have the Anti swaybar droplink attachment? Be very specific with what you WTB.

Very many thanks, although I am not on facebook I will look into it.
TonyH
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jan 31 2022, 08:58 AM) *

QUOTE(TonyH @ Jan 30 2022, 11:07 AM) *

Good evening everyone,

Thanks in advance,

TonyH, France

@TonyH
Dansk makes new ones that include the bushings installed. They sell for about $160.

Carried by Restoration Designs Europe.

https://www.restoration-design.eu/front-con...ft-1969-73.html

Very many thanks but I bought one beginning with the part number 911........ The wishbone is for a 914 - 6 or a Porsche 911. The four cylinder 914 cars use a torsion bar with 29 splines (part number beginning with 914....). The six cylinder cars use a torsion bar with 31 splines so they are not compatible. Don't make the same mistake that I did!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.