Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Four 2.0L Fuchs (Al Reed) NOS caps -
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
easy e
Very nice wheels (4) prior to refinishing by the legendary Al Reed. Unfortunately I stored the wheels in plastic bags & the plastic has interacted with the finish (predominantly on one wheel). You’ll see it in the pics. Another wheel has one small such spot (pointed out). If you wanted the finish fixed, could probably isolate to only touching up the paddles & not need to redo the whole wheel.
(SOLD for $1,500).

Four NOS center caps: $800 shipped (PENDING payment)
I’ll include a tool I made, to install/remove the caps while minimizing/eliminating deformation.

Let me know if you have any questions.
914werke
Nice wheels
BTW those are not NOS caps. Those are readily available new parts for FAR less than your #. NOS caps have a wider rim & were sold in little Porsche script cardboard boxes, not plastic bags
GLWS
Jett
QUOTE(914werke @ Feb 1 2022, 12:06 PM) *

Nice wheels
BTW those are not NOS caps. Those are readily available new parts for FAR less than your #. NOS caps have a wider rim & were sold in little Porsche script cardboard boxes, not plastic bags
GLWS

+1 on the wheels.

Sunset has the caps for $52.54 each

https://www.sunsetporscheparts.com/oem-part...TMwMy0wMw%3D%3D
914_7T3
QUOTE(Jett @ Feb 1 2022, 12:55 PM) *

QUOTE(914werke @ Feb 1 2022, 12:06 PM) *

Nice wheels
GLWS

+1 on the wheels.

Sunset has the caps for $52.54 each

https://www.sunsetporscheparts.com/oem-part...TMwMy0wMw%3D%3D

Although this set of center caps are not wide lip, the bags are date stamped from 1997. If 25 year old German parts are not considered NOS, not sure what is.

FWIW, the ones available from Porsche today are the incorrect finish and made in Singapore, ask me how I know.
914werke
Well Im not hung up on a date code Im just aware that the DIMENSIONS of the cap did change & when they still had a flange on them they were packed as I described.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Craigers17
If I remember correctly, @Jagalyn was looking for a set like this.
easy e
QUOTE(914werke @ Feb 1 2022, 01:31 PM) *

Well Im not hung up on a date code Im just aware that the DIMENSIONS of the cap did change & when they still had a flange on them they were packed as I described.
Care to enlighten us?

The thin lip, bagged type:
Material thickness: 0.025 mm
OD at the lip: 24.7 mm
Top surface to lip distance: ~7.6 mm
OD below the lip (in the wheel): 24.1 mm
Lip to wall distance: 0.7 mm
Three nubs on the base.

I have another set of caps like this, that I picked up at a totally different time as this set. I'll see if I can find them.

One guess as to why there was any change...
The fat lip style can tend to have the lip become uncompressed when impacted from the inside (at removal). Dealers maybe had to replace a fair amount of them due to deformation & provided feedback. The thin lip style is more rigid, due to a shorter lever arm. The bigger issue is deformation at the top/center when removing and lower sides bulging out when installing. This is why I made a tool to assist.
mepstein
I sold these a couple years ago.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.