Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Oil Sump Protective Cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
PDXBob
I’m installing an oil temperature gauge in my 1975 914 (1.8L) and I have taco plate, o-ring and sending unit. However, I can’t find the protective cover, part # 039-101-275. I’ve contacted AutoAtlanta, Pelican and looked on eBay but no luck. Let me know if you have one or know where I can find one.

Below is picture of this part.
Thanks
BobT
Click to view attachment
FlacaProductions
I would think that someone would have one but just in case, you could always go billet/aftermarket - @914werke has them and show the OEM version as backordered.

https://914werke.com/shop/ols/products/taco-plate-assembly
914werke
This situation is more common than you might think.
Ive seen lots of engines equipped with a taco plate in which the cover is no longer installed. On occasion I find a lone cover but its becoming more rare.
The situation probably results from the same mindset where folks think it isnt necessary so leave it off.
In fact Ive added a cover to the Billet unit to shield from cooling air altering the sender readings

BTW the Billet units are in stock smile.gif
PDXBob
Thanks for info. I ordered the 914Werke Billet Aluminum kit this morning. I’d read good things about it and decided it was the way to go. Plus, they’re located in Seattle, not far from my home- Portlandia.
BobT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.