Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SCAM These 15 Fuchs wheels measure 4.5 in width SCAM
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
familymanforyou
SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

I have 5 sets of 15 Fuchs wheels for sale but the the pictures of the 5 wheels pictures are not attaching to my Ad so I decide to put picture for one of the wheels as example of the wheels I'm selling.
These 15 Fuchs wheels measure 4.5 in width and were previously mounted Porsche 912. They feature an anodized finish along with black paint in the recessed areas between the lug holes and cutouts. Sizing information, 901 part numbers. My asking price for each is $800. Pls email me for more pictures for other wheels at

[SCAMMER email removed by Admin]
mepstein
I'm no Fuchs expert but I think they were from a '67. Very cool wheels. I would list on Early911Sreg. beerchug.gif
Rufus
I’m no Fuchs expert either …

Fuchs were first introduced (in 4.5” x 15” size) on the ‘67 911S. I have p/n 901.361.012.01 on mine.

I agree with mepstein … better to post them on the early911Sregistry site. I would also try to capture & post good photos of each wheel, showing part number and the little Fox (Fuchs) logo.

In my uninformed opinion, these are pretty rare original wheels for a very desirable Porsche “longhood” and should bring good money (maybe more than just $800 each??) Some research on that site might payoff.

GLWTS smile.gif

welcome.png
Dominic
Yes, those are one year only 67' S wheels.

Let me get this straight, a new member shows up selling $4000 worth of rare Fuchs...let me get my checkbook bs.gif
mepstein
I encourage buyers to do their due diligence when buying from me so of course I would encourage the same when buying from a brand new member from Singapore.
L-Jet914
even the email seems fishy
rhodyguy
What could possibly go wrong? shipping $ would be brutal.
SirAndy
Text and pictures taken from here:
https://porsche356registry.org/classifieds/39456

and here:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/fuchs-68/

and here:
https://www.bugbus.net/no/classifieds.html?...il&id=39068

So obviously, this is a SCAM ...
dry.gif
drem914
Simple question. Why not just remove the posting entirely if we know it is a scam?
rhodyguy
A lesson to be learned. For both scammers and potential victims. When the scammers realize that's the treatment their ads will get, they might just not bother. This can be a house with a rough crowd. For newer buyers, reality. Fantastic sleuthing Andy. The one wheel and lame excuse was laughable.
mepstein
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 2 2022, 12:51 PM) *

Thank you Andy
73-914
QUOTE(drem914 @ Feb 2 2022, 04:49 PM) *

Simple question. Why not just remove the posting entirely if we know it is a scam?

Because this is how to teach the younger generation
StarBear
Thank you Sir Andy for your diligence and protection! smilie_pokal.gif
Fritz356
Was going to post scam This moning but got busy with work and the snowstorm here in chicago Glad it was caught. Here is my email exchange with the seller if anyone wants to see what a scam looks like.

Brian Barbato <fritz356@gmail.com>
Tue, Feb 1, 10:11 PM (22 hours ago)
to christelheinlentvr38

Hello - I am interested in purchasing the wheels for my 67 911. I also have a 914. But they are original for my car so I would love to have them.

PIcs would be great. I assume there are 5 wheels not 5 sets?
Feel free to give me a call. We can probably cover more ground than email. Interested in whatever information you can provide.

Regards,

Brian Barbato
630-661-1166

Christel Heinlen
Tue, Feb 1, 10:20 PM (21 hours ago)
to me

I just sent you pics of my five wheels now via email and did you receive it?
I have throat problem so I won't be calling for me but I normally check my email every 20-30 minutes because this is my business email.
I can send you any information about my wheels through email.
Pls let me know when you like to make payment and how you want to make it?
I can ship to you if needed because your phone area code is not the same with my location.
Wait to hearing you soon.
Thanks

Brian Barbato <fritz356@gmail.com>
Tue, Feb 1, 10:56 PM (21 hours ago)
to Christel

That was Fast Christel! Looking at the pics now. Is your business wheels? Can you let me know if they have been recently refinished and if so by who? They look very good. I am in the Chicago area (60515 zip code).I don't know where you are but let me know on shipping and I am sure we can come to an agreement.
Is there a date code on the web between the lug holes on the backside?
Where are you located? Wire transfer may be best? I have used paypal etc, but not usually for larger $$$....
Regards,
Brian

Christel Heinlen
12:33 AM (19 hours ago)
to me

I'm located in Singapore and I bought these wheels last year November and I couldn't use it on my car because I just sold the car January 6 2022.
I'm a manager of FedEx here in Singapore so I will ship the wheels to you for 2-3 days delivery and the shipping charges is just $250.
The code on the wheels is the same as the pictures I sent to you on the pics I emailed to you. My bank don't accept international wire transfer
I have a sister in the United States so I will send you her bank account to send the payment to his account via wire transfer and once she confirm it then I will ship to you.
When do you want to make payment let me provide you bank details to send the payment?
Wait to hearing from you?
Thanks

Christel Heinlen
11:40 AM (8 hours ago)
to me

Hello Brian,
I emailed you with hope you will reply me but none message from you yet?
I write again to know if you receive my previous message I sent you on how I will ship and how you will make payment ?
Pls confirm to me let's proceed with payment and shipment.
Wait to hearing from you shortly.
Thanks

rhodyguy
A manager at FedEx. A throat problem. No phone chat. How would he communicate with his employees? Sign language? Handwritten notes? IBTL.
rgalla9146
67 S wheels make deep 6s look cheap.
If it sounds too good to be true.....
I wish all the scammers were foiled so effectively.
Thank you Andy
76-914
Way to go Sir Andy. Thx for patrolling the site for us busted_cop.gif You're the internet version of Sheriff Andy Taylor (from the Andy Griffith Show). Which admin would be Barney Fife? Hmmm. idea.gif happy11.gif
EJ1970914/6
The Scammers are all over Pelican too watch it.

1. Usually its a story or too good to be true.
2. New Member no history beware.
3. Some missing link to the story
4. Misspelled wordage
5. Odd requests like send gift cards or
6. They will not speak to you on phone direct if you request to talk to them.

I like to personally speak to the seller so I can feel out who they are per se.
You can usually figure out real quick if they are dodging your phone calls.

Last I would not send money to anyone before really going through all that.

Good luck
willieg
I totally agree with not removing the SCAM ad. Reminds me to do my homework.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.