Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2022 BROOKINGS, OR JULY 22-24, 2022
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
sb914
icon_bump.gif Initial Planning Thread for the WCR 2022 in Brookings, OR for JULY 22-24, 2022

Brookings is a Southern Oregon Coastal town, 7 miles from the California Border with arguably the most "beautiful" Coastline in America (USA), where the Ocean meets the Mountains and the Coastal Redwoods.

We have a fun-filled planned weekend with some great events (i.e. People's Choice Car-show, Tech Session, live music, 914 World Quiz-make sure you know your fellow 914 members well) and spectacular drives.

As usual, we will have T-Shirts, Swag Bag and Awards Banquet.

We have the Hotel already nailed down. More info and photos to come. Price will be less than $100/night with Ocean views. NOTE: There will be ample Trailer space.edit

COME JOIN US and Chime in on this Thread.

Keep checking in this Thread for continued updates. Looking forward to an awesome event. red914.jpg creamsicle914.jpg ravenna914.jpg blue914.jpg aubergine914.jpg

Update: I talked with the manager of the hotel and there’s a huge empty lot we can use for trailers . No worries on trailer space! aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment
This is going awesome. I can’t thank y’all enough for the support ,And I’ve already received pms from folks offering their help.Thanks so much !
I know it’s a long drive for most of you,but make it one of your weekly vacations.Take your time and break it up and enjoy the drive. … If you are bringing your significant other’s please chime in with totals.

There are 3 pet friendly rooms for our furry friends as well .
The hotel: Americoast inn 1215 Chetco us 101. Brookings Oregon 97415.
The manager is Jennifer 541-469-5345 just tell her the dates and 914 Porsche event .
The price is $94 per night plus hotel fees ( no state taxes in Oregon) first.gif
Something like $ 303 for three nights. There’s a 24 hour cancellation..
She’s holding ALL the rooms for us .please book ASAP. Please Chime in after
You book..
can’t wait……

Update 5-2-22 all the information I posted got deleted. headbang.gif so frustrating!
Let’s do this again …

The host hotel is fully booked. Here’s a list of other hotels.
These are not locked in for us so book ASAP
Blue coast inn

1216 Chetco ave us 101
Brookings Oregon 97415
541-469-2161
There right across the street from the host hotel .

Wild Rivers moterlodge
437 Chetco ave us 101
Brookings Oregon 97415
541-469-5361

Beachfront inn
16008 boat basin rd
Brookings Oregon
541- 469-7779
This hotel is ocean front expensive but super nice.

Ok first off I want to thank all the sponsors who donated.
The raffle is going to be all time .

914 rubber https://914rubber.com/

Pmb performance http://www.pmbperformance.com/catalog.html

914 werke https://914werke.com/

Spokes lighting https://www.spokeworksled.com/914-led-solutions

Maddog https://maddogsmotorsports.com/

Optimusglen every registration gets a download of glens artwork https://www.glencordle.com/

914 REASONS https://www.etsy.com/shop/914Reasons

The cabinet maker https://www.914locks.com/

Pca7ggr Gt engine lids

Uro parts https://apaindustries.com/

Msds Marty http://www.msdsinc.com/

Oscar’s cool swag

Restoration design https://www.restoration-design.com/store/SFNT

Margie Smith-Haas - "Vintage New-Collector" Stuffed TFA 914 Pillow / PM to: 914SIXXation

https://www.martinmidengine.com/salem-or-19...ver-metallic-20

Haggerty also hooked us up .
And a special thanks to Chris-tygaboy for making our trophies…

Read ::Also Chris -Tyga boy will be hosting a dinner at the red barn on Wednesday
For anyone passing through Petaluma. (Makes me want to head south)
Chime in so he can get a head count as we get closer…

Registration is ready you can PayPal- Raposa.eddy@gmail.com
For those with no PayPal you can send a check or zelle me . Pm me for details!!
$60 and $25 for your significant others no shirt,goodie bags or raffle for significant others just dinner and continental breakfast on Friday.Please let me know how many significant others .Please use friends and family tab so “no fees”PLEASE include your REAL NAME,SCREEN NAME AND T SHIRT SIZE.Extra shirts will be $25 Registration includes Saturday nights dinner banquet.(The dinner will be at the Brookings elks lodge,awesome views huge bar and great food.)Dinner includes either =Prime rib beef stroganoff with salad and dessert,=. or Chicken fettuccine with salad and dessert no drinks. t-shirt , goodie bag continental breakfast on Friday morning not sure about coffee yet ,and raffle tickets for sponsors giveaway. “Thanks to all our sponsors”.
Got the shirts designed thanks to 914 rubber, got the drives nailed down [b]@retroracer
aka Tony will help herding y’all on the drives
About 2 1/2 months away. I just can’t wait to see all my friends and make new ones. I’m trying to make this super fun. There’s a few surprises.
The “schedule” will be in the drivers goodie bag.

THURSDAY:5:00 pm check in get goodie bags and parking lot Shenanigans.

FRIDAY 8:00 am ish continental breakfast, drivers safety meeting at 9:14 than the drive and return back.
Open lunch and dinner there’s tons of nearby restaurants. There are lots of wonderful hikes , short scenic drives and beautiful beaches all in town and antique shops for the wives . Judging for the “people’s choice car show” . Again the trophies are being masterly built by @tygaboy first.gif Friday night parking lot Shenanigans. beer3.gif fighting19.gif chowtime.gif rock_band.gif
SATURDAY
9:14 am Drivers SAFETY Meeting than another awesome drive and return. we will be stopping for scenic photos on both days.Open lunch. Tech session in hotel parking lot
And more. Small pop quiz with giveaway. There will also be a few of us jamming in the parking lot . rock_band.gif there will be extra guitars if anyone wants to join in .
The dinner banquet will start at 5:00 pm at the elks lodge along with sponsors raffle and trophy presentation. After dinner return to host hotel for more partying.FYI THERES ONLY ONE LIQUOR STORE IN TOWN WTF.gif they close at 6:00 pm take that into consideration.
Sunday say our goodbyes and drive home safe …. Thanks to all my friends I hope every one has a fantastic weekend.

Attendees:
Tygaboy-booked. = Registered 1 large shirt
76-914- booked =. Registered 1 xl shirt .
Panel billy- booked = Registered 1xl shirt I medium shirt 1 second dinner
J rust -booked = Registered 1xxl shirt 1 Second dinner
Valco Oscar-+2 -booked = Registered 1 xl shirt 1 Second dinner
Buddy-booked = Registered 1xl shirt.
Mikey 914- booked. + 1 xxxl shirt 1 xl shirt 1 second dinner.
Ls1v8jerry +1 booked =Registered 1 large shirt? 1 second dinner.
Hndyhrr +1-booked = Registered 1 xl, 1 med shirt and second dinner.
Retro racer- booked =. Registered 1 large shirt
fl000+1- booked =. Registered 1 large t ,1 small women t and second dinner
Sportlicherfaher +1-booked = Registered x2 1 large t ,1 med women’
Mxkinn01 +1- booked =Registerd 1 xl shirt 1 second dinner.
Worn-booked =Registered 2 xl shirts
Vegas racer-booked =. Registered 1 medium shirt
Marty yeoman =registered 1 xl shirt 1 extra dinner .
Double-a -booked = Registered 1 medium shirt 1 extra dinner.
Andrew —booked =Registered 1 xxl shirt.
Dan10101-booked =Registered xl shirt
914-300hemi+1- booked = Registered 1 xxl shirt 1 second dinner.
Jack standz +1-booked = Registered 1 large shirt 1 second dinner.
Motofoto= -booked =Registered 1 large shirt 1 second dinner.
Piscean914 - booked =Registered 1 large shirt.
Jcd914-booked =Registered 2 xl shirts 3 extra dinners
Strawman +1 =Registered 1 large shirt 1 second dinner.
Thinair - PL. Registered xl shirt
Not lance -booked = Registered +1 Medium shirt
James j -booked =. Registered medium shirt
James j -booked = Gron parry friend Registered xl shirt
Kwrad - booked = Registered = 1 xl large shirt
Waltonsm =Registered 2 medium shirts 1 second dinner .
Bmartin914= booked? Registered 1 large shirt
MikeEnglish = Registered 1 medium shirt.
Johnnog = Registered 1 extra large shirt 1 large shirt 1 second dinner.
Pacman =Registered x 2 plus dad 2 large shirts 1 second dinner.

Hotel and trailer parking..Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
tygaboy
Penciled in! Just need to have my car running by then...
76-914
Hmmm. I've never been to OR. idea.gif
tygaboy
ALERT: Petaluma rest stop/stay over/shop visit?

Any SoCal-based or other long distance drivers coming through this area who'd like to take an overnight break "half way" are welcome to stop here at the Red Barn. If I do end up with a working car, we can caravan from here.
sb914
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Feb 4 2022, 04:41 PM) *

Penciled in! Just need to have my car running by then...

Bring it on a trailer if it’s not done.everyone wants to see it I got your trailer covered.
sb914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 4 2022, 06:16 PM) *

Kent . Please come that would be epic !!!
PanelBilly
Sounds like fun. Hopefully Oregon will let us “gather”
JRust
I'm in for sure
ValcoOscar
I'm IN, for sure

Thanks Eddy for stepping up.

Oscar

beerchug.gif
BuddyV
I'm in

beerchug.gif
drem914

We have not either for about 30 years. 13+ hours of driving in a 914. Wie'll need to break that up over a couple days.
second wind
OMG it sounds fantastic!! I will be there with bells on! I love getting new clothes with 914 on them somewhere....thank you so very much for the post and the effort....WooooHoooo....!!!!
gg
Badinfluence1
Im in Astoria, so I can probably make it... driving.gif
rhodyguy
For western WA participants, cross over the Columbia at Longview and go down the coast. Maybe the Astoria bridge. This doable for me. PM sent.
sb914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 5 2022, 05:05 AM) *

For western WA participants, cross over the Columbia at Longview and go down the coast. Maybe the Astoria bridge. This doable for me. PM sent.

Awesome Kevin! I was hoping you would chime in . piratenanner.gif
jim_hoyland
Great place for the WCR 2022; I’m in
sb914
QUOTE(drem914 @ Feb 4 2022, 09:09 PM) *

We have not either for about 30 years. 13+ hours of driving in a 914. Wie'll need to break that up over a couple days.

@drem914 yes!!!! 6 hrs one day,six the next day.
Easy Peasy . Petaluma is the halfway point.
You only live once !!!!
ConeDodger
That last 20 miles in to Southern Oregon is a climb that will have those engine temperatures climbing! blink.gif Beautiful country though…

My daughter and I have both managed to not get Covid although we both work directly with Covid patients. We managed this by being careful. Although I love WCR, if I go depends on what the pandemic is doing. We will see.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Badinfluence1 @ Feb 5 2022, 02:28 AM) *

We should plan a north Willamette Valley meetup to caravan down.
@dpeedmetalarmy you want to organize a Canadian contingency going south?
sb914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 5 2022, 07:41 AM) *

QUOTE(Badinfluence1 @ Feb 5 2022, 02:28 AM) *

We should plan a north Willamette Valley meetup to caravan down.
@dpeedmetalarmy you want to organize a Canadian contingency going south?

first.gif sweet !!!!!!
Jett
We are excited to attend for the first time… the drive from Seattle down 101 is actually breath taking! The first time we did the drive we had to keep pulling over as to not cause an accident by gawking at the scenery.
sb914
QUOTE(Jett @ Feb 5 2022, 08:01 AM) *

We are excited to attend for the first time… the drive from Seattle down 101 is actually breath taking! The first time we did the drive we had to keep pulling over as to not cause an accident by gawking at the scenery.

Awesome so glad you can make it.
It’s going to be epic!
ValcoOscar
Eddy

I can contribute some SWAG

Oscar
sb914
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Feb 5 2022, 08:06 AM) *

Eddy

I can contribute some SWAG

Oscar

Thanks brother! You da man …..
76-914
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Feb 4 2022, 06:33 PM) *

Any SoCal-based or other long distance drivers coming through this area who'd like to take an overnight break "half way" are welcome to stop here at the Red Barn. If I do end up with a working car, we can caravan from here.

Chris, for those of us that plan a lay over can you recommend any motels in Petaluma?TIA, Kent beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
Kent, pushing on to Eureka might work best. The run up 101 is a great drive. Don't do it in the dark. There is a large herd of Roosevelt Elk. If they're on the road, you wait. Last time for me the tourists were out shooing, trying while out of the safety of their cars, them off the road and taking pictures. A bull RE is pretty big and can be testy during rutting season. My oldest son lived in Eureka. I dove down a couple of times a year. I-5 north and exiting at Grant's Pass, then heading west and south is the long way to get to get to Cresent City and then Brookings.
914werke
14.gif
LS1V8Jerry
I'm IN, for sure

Thanks Eddi…
tygaboy
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 5 2022, 08:49 AM) *

Chris, for those of us that plan a lay over can you recommend any motels in Petaluma?TIA, Kent beerchug.gif

@76-914 Kent, there are any number, from the Motel 6 where we did WCR in 2020 or a Best Western, to a Hampton Inn. Right downtown is Hotel Petaluma. If you don't want to park your car at the hotel, you could park at my place (I'm down a county lane, very secure) and I could shuttle you to your hotel. Or you could always UBER.

If anyone is trailering, you're welcome to leave your trailer at my place. Same if you happen to be in an RV and want to camp here.
sb914
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Feb 5 2022, 09:40 AM) *

@76-914 Kent, there are any number, from the Motel 6 where we did WCR in 2020 or a Best Western, to a Hampton Inn. Right downtown is Hotel Petaluma. If you don't want to park your car at the hotel, you could park at my place (I'm down a county lane, very secure) and I could shuttle you to your hotel. Or you could always UBER.

If anyone is trailering, you're welcome to leave your trailer at my place. Same if you happen to be in an RV and want to camp here.
thanks Chris!
He did that for us when we moved. first.gif
hndyhrr
Sounds like a good time. Count us in!
76-914
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Feb 5 2022, 09:40 AM) *

Excellent Chris. Is security an issue at any of the above mentioned? And which is closest to your manufacturing plant? biggrin.gif
Retroracer
Oregon you say? How convenient for me.... evilgrin.gif

Let me know how I can help. On calendar.

- Tony
DBF
Being new to 914World, can I ask an etiquette question. I see all the posters are from western regions and someone mentioned regional events. Are these 914 events open to any 914 member or just for people in the region (in order to keep the numbers to a reasonable number)?. Thanks.
michael7810
QUOTE(DBF @ Feb 5 2022, 05:52 PM) *

Being new to 914World, can I ask an etiquette question. I see all the posters are from western regions and someone mentioned regional events. Are these 914 events open to any 914 member or just for people in the region (in order to keep the numbers to a reasonable number)?. Thanks.

welcome.png Any and all are welcome to attend. We've had a few from the midwest attend the western events. I drove my 914 from Phoenix to Georgia to attend Okteenerfest a few years ago. Come on out, I don't think you will regret making the long drive.
DBF
Got it on the calendar. Have Tools Will Travel.
sb914
QUOTE(DBF @ Feb 5 2022, 05:08 PM) *

Got it on the calendar. Have Tools Will Travel.

@dbf is you show up from Wisconsin I’ll have a special gift for you …
sb914
QUOTE(Retroracer @ Feb 5 2022, 04:36 PM) *

Oregon you say? How convenient for me.... evilgrin.gif

Let me know how I can help. On calendar.

- Tony

Sweet !
FL000
What a great excuse to see OR for the first time! 730-ish miles there and got to do it in the Porsche. We are most likely in…

Thanks for setting this up! beerchug.gif
sb914
QUOTE(FL000 @ Feb 5 2022, 06:50 PM) *

What a great excuse to see OR for the first time! 730-ish miles there and got to do it in the Porsche. We are most likely in…

Thanks for setting this up! beerchug.gif

@fl000 hope you can make it josh!
Unpretentious
Eddy,

Fantastic! I’ve penciled in the date on the calendar. Not sure I’ll have the “soon to be viper green” ‘73 ready, but I have the Creamsicle as a backup. Will trailer, and would like to take you up on your offer for a place to park it.

For over 20 years Airhead Parts has sponsored a late July, 10 day, Volkswagen treffen down the West Coast from the Canadian to the Mexican boarder. I’ve participated twice on the southern segment, 2014 in a ‘72 Beetle and 2016 in a dirty “barn find” themed ‘73 914 - see photo. When I asked if I could join them in a 914, I was told, “if it’s air-cooled and has an engine in the back, or middle, you’re welcome.”

I just checked their website, and not surprisingly, they don’t have anything up yet, so I don’t have dates. If we could connect with them, it would be a “kick.”Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
Avenue of the Giants is one of the finest roads I've ever driven. Part of the coastal run. You guys are going to have a great drive. Swell parkway north of Orick. If your SOs get bored, take a break and visit the Ladybird Johnson Grove. Walk in the giants. Good photo op at the Trees of Mystery parking lot.
Steve
I definitely want to go!! It's only a 12 hour drive!! Maybe I will bring the v8 car. I can start saving up for gas now!!
sb914
QUOTE(Steve @ Feb 6 2022, 08:18 AM) *

I definitely want to go!! It's only a 12 hour drive!! Maybe I will bring the v8 car. I can start saving up for gas now!!

@steve and you’ll get here twice as fast!
Fill up in Oregon!
hndyhrr
We are in Central Point. Anything we can help with don't hesitate to ask.
sb914
QUOTE(hndyhrr @ Feb 6 2022, 10:04 AM) *

We are in Central Point. Anything we can help with don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks I probably will …
sportlicherFahrer
Hope to have mine together by then. Will pencil it in on the calendar.
sb914
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Feb 6 2022, 07:56 PM) *

Hope to have mine together by then. Will pencil it in on the calendar.

Hope to see you there !
Cairo94507
That's just short of a 10 hour drive. I will see what I can do as this sounds fun and I was not able to make the last WCR. beerchug.gif
mxkinn01
Looks fantastic! 14 1/2 hours away, but I should be able to go. I will be representing Las Vegas folks. (Vegas Racer???) BTW great job on the trailer parking.
Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.