Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle cable location
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
robkammer
Hi all: As I move through the BB I keep finding things that just don't seem right. This car had AC installed when new and it still in the car. Doesn't work of course but it's staying. It looks like the throttle cable was rerouted and replaced at least once. It should show in the picture that it takes a 90 degree bend straight up and that causes the casing to pop out of the guide tube.
Could someone post picture of a 2.0 FI that shows where the cable comes up into the engine bay? I don't trust this arrangement very much.
Thanks!Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
bkrantz
I believe the stock location is through a hole in the engine sheet metal (not the shelf) under the battery.
robkammer
If someone would post a picture or two it would be really helpful
Olympic 914

It looks like your A/C compressor is in the place where the throttle cable would normally go.

Click to view attachment
robkammer
Thanks for the pic! It is exactly where they carved away the tin for the compressor. I'm thinking that I can fab something to reroute it through that space and soften the right angle turn it makes now coning out of the tunnel.
Appreciate the photo!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.