Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Parade June 12-18, 2022
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Big Len
Not much of the schedule posted yet, but here's the link to register.
https://www.porscheparade.org/
dcheek
Len,
I registered last Tuesday. I booked the Kalahari from Friday June 10th to the 14th. I will be showing my 914 in the Monday Concours. I'm hoping there is a preservation class, as this is what I what to enter. Here is the Parade Schedule:

https://www.porscheparade.org/parade-schedule

Hope to see you and your wife there. My wife Trish will also be there.

START CLEANING!

Dave
StarBear
QUOTE(dcheek @ Feb 7 2022, 10:56 AM) *

Len,
I registered last Tuesday. I booked the Kalahari from Friday June 10th to the 14th. I will be showing my 914 in the Monday Concours. I'm hoping there is a preservation class, as this is what I what to enter. Here is the Parade Schedule:

https://www.porscheparade.org/parade-schedule

Hope to see you and your wife there. My wife Trish will also be there.

START CLEANING!

Dave

pray.gif Dave; if there is, I already declare you a winner; at worst first runner up. So close I might go. Would be nice if there is a preservation class!
Big Len
I'm going to be making day trips as I'm only an hour or so away. And I will be there on Monday to see what happens.
TonyA
Yep signed up last week as well. Planning on staying all week except Friday night.
Not sure if I will enter anything. Might volunteer for stuff.
dcheek
Just a little over a week away. Front and rear trunks, interior, wheels, wheel wells suspension done. Finishing up engine compartment, and then on to the exterior.
Dave
Click to view attachment
Big Len
A number of us will be there Monday for the concours to root you on Dave.
rgalla9146
I'll be there Sunday and Monday.
It will be my eighth parade.
Coincidentally, my first was in the Poconos too, in 1974
Mark Donohues 917/30 was there.
9146GUY
Martha & I will be there most of the week. I took the 914-6 test mule last year for the historic display and this year we are taking our 72 911 for the historic display. It will be representing Light Yellow in the Renbow Rainbow.
You figure that one out....LOL
SKL1
Drove my '71 to the Parade in the Poconos in '74 but not making it this year. Went with my dad and uncle and my uncle took his '69 912. Great drive from IA except for the damned 55 limit. Our CB radios came in VERY handy! Anyone else remember those???

Got Mark Donohue's auotgraph at one of the dinners- still have it obviously. Some guy two cars ahead of me stuffed his 914 in the wall at Pocono during the autocross. Needless to say I didn't do that well...

Have fun- looking forward to Palm Springs next year- big group driving over from Scottsdale...
Big Len
Ok, who's the closest -
What's going to be the price of a cheeseburger and a bottle of water, added together?
I'll say $15.50
StarBear
QUOTE(Big Len @ Jun 10 2022, 08:08 PM) *

Ok, who's the closest -
What's going to be the price of a cheeseburger and a bottle of water, added together?
I'll say $15.50

Easily. I’ll take the “over”!
Big Len
CONGRATS to Dave Cheek winning frist place in his class. An original owner within original car. Great job !!!
StarBear
QUOTE(Big Len @ Jun 13 2022, 08:06 PM) *

CONGRATS to Dave Cheek winning frist place in his class. An original owner within original car. Great job !!!

Huzzah! beer3.gif
Big Len
Click to view attachment

Dave's Malaga Red beauty got an incredible score, out of 245 total points possible, his car got 244.4
Big Len
Click to view attachment
Big Len
Click to view attachment
Big Len
Click to view attachment
rgalla9146

Beautiful 914 6 being judged at the Parade yesterday.
Outstanding restoration done recently in Florida.
Great presentation with painted steel wheels and hubcaps.
dcheek
Here are what the trophies and awards look like.
The trophy depicts the three story signature tree at the Kalahari resort. The base its amethyst and the "leaves" are polished tiger eye stones. These were given out to all the class concours winners immediately following judging.
The special awards were handed out at the Concours Banquet the next evening. I received the Gmund Award for high score.
Dave

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Big Len
Congrats Dave. The awards were well deserved and works of art.
Dave, it was mentioned somewhere (I think in the NARP thread) that a 914 won the autocross or had the fastest time. Do you know about this or did you watch?
OrangeBones
This was my first Parade. We finished 9th in the Juniors division during the gimmick rally (trophies were cool). My son won a second award and got recognized with all the other Juniors on Friday night- he’s in the PCA newsletter photo. Driving on the track was really cool but we got stuck behind a Cayenne dogging it. Lots of cool cars but not enough cool 914 people.
-Travis
dcheek
QUOTE(Big Len @ Jul 7 2022, 05:38 AM) *

Congrats Dave. The awards were well deserved and works of art.
Dave, it was mentioned somewhere (I think in the NARP thread) that a 914 won the autocross or had the fastest time. Do you know about this or did you watch?

All the results are listed on the PCA web page. Just Google 2022 Porsche Parade results.
Dave
Front yard mechanic
QUOTE(Big Len @ Jun 13 2022, 07:38 PM) *

Love the tent, wish I could get one to fit in the trunk of the 914 .
SKL1
Congrats on some real 914 love!

(as for the tent- my dad and I used to camp at the races back in the '70's and took either my 914 or his- we fit a 9X16 tent, sleeping bags, coolers, etc in both trunks. People would stop and ask where our trailer was...)
9146GUY
FTD at Parade was a 914 driven by Mike Mongomery. It's not his first one either.
He learned well from his father who I used to compete against back in the day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.