Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installing stock combo gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RustyWa
I recently picked up a stock combo gauge, the one with fuel level and oil temp. I've already have a center console with the oil temp gauge installed there. I'm planning on using that space for something else.

My question. Do I need to run a new signal wire from the console location up to the new combo gauge for the oil temp? I've heard rumors that the wire is already behind the dash, but I can't seem to locate it.
Dave_Darling
If you can't find the wire, just run a new one. Get a green one and dab some black paint on it so you know which wire it is; then a male spade connector and a female spade connector and you're set!

--DD
RustyWa
That's what I eventually ended up doing Dave. I read a post long ago where you mentioned that the wire should be behind the dash, as well as the console, but I could not find it. It works of course. I was just looking for a nicer install.

Thanks for the reply.
Aaron Cox
i used a femal spade connector and just extended the wiring from the console up to the combo gauge....

green wire...
AA
RustyWa
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Aug 1 2005, 12:22 PM)
i used a femal spade connector and just extended the wiring from the console up to the combo gauge....

green wire...
AA

That's exactly what I ended up doing.

What gauge did you end up putting in the console?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (RustyWa @ Aug 1 2005, 12:42 PM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Aug 1 2005, 12:22 PM)

green wire...
AA

That's exactly what I ended up doing.

What gauge did you end up putting in the console?

i removed my console....

i have a 904 gauge smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.