Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vendor Shout Out
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Robarabian
Just wanted to give thanks when it is due. So many great vendors here and so much knowledge to get our cars working right. I am in the middle of a 71 restoration and when I removed the windshield, I got it out without cracking it. It was old and dirty and I put it in a safe place. I inspected it this week because I am getting close to installing it and noticed it in fact had a decent chip in the glass toward the bottom. Not going to put it in the car.

I started looking locally for windshields and couldn't find a reasonable resource. So I searched here and on 914Werke I found he sold them. So I emailed him (Rich) and he got back to me pretty quickly with a vendor in my area. The initial one was a bit of a trek to a bad neighborhood but he found a closer one.

Today I picked it up and am a happy customer. So thank's Rich at 914Werke for being nowhere close to me but getting me the part I needed quick and easy.

We are all blessed to have this place we can spend countless hours in.
914Sixer
Good information to know.
Cairo94507
Kudos to Rich- he has always been available and willing to help this community. beerchug.gif
nditiz1
@914Werke

I too am in need of a windshield. Do you know a vendor in MD?
dirk2056
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Feb 8 2022, 07:23 PM) *

@914Werke

Call local glass shops just picked up one for $200 with green tint and butyl caulk
nditiz1
QUOTE(dirk2056 @ Feb 8 2022, 05:54 PM) *

QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Feb 8 2022, 07:23 PM) *

@914Werke

Call local glass shops just picked up one for $200 with green tint and butyl caulk

Thanks, was it a safelite?
Jett
I am fortunate to have Rich close… he just dropped off a pair of seat cores last weekend.
CHIZ 914
agree.gif
jeepguy06
i also used 914werks to order my windshield here in the Portland OR. area. He sent me to a place close by and was able to get my windshield next day.
914werke
Thanks folks wub.gif
Very simply I am trying to fill the void I recognized for a specialty product.

I was buying a bunch of reproduction glass for my own customers first from Richard Tankel, then when he closed up shop I had to go it alone.
It worked out to expand as a reseller of windshield's that can be picked up at select sites around the country.

If you are interested it works like this: Visit my store at 914werke.com locate & purchase the (aftermarket) windshield item.

Dependent on the location, that glass would then be able to picked up by you at the distributing warehouse shortly thereafter (sometimes they have to transfer glass to a location). No delivery is available.

This is a DIY kind of solution for non OE glass that can save folks a few bucks.

The challenge we as 914 owners have is many glass shops will not install glass in our old car, & the ones that can & agree to, often will only use Urethane for the installation due to liability concerns rather than the original Butyl adhesive. In my experience that's a bad idea.

Feel free to msg or call if you have any questions.

bye1.gif
Tdskip
In SoCal Sierra Madre usually has some in stock.
930cabman
I had one installed last year at my local "old school" auto glass guy, $300. out the door. Shop around
buck toenges
Rich,

I still need a windshield. What is the closest location to Ft. Wayne that I can get one? Indianapolis, Cincinnati? Toledo?

Thanks,
Buck
914werke
QUOTE(buck toenges @ Feb 16 2022, 12:16 PM) *
Rich, I still need a windshield. What is the closest location to Ft. Wayne that I can get one? Indianapolis, Cincinnati? Toledo?
Thanks,
Buck
@buck toenges Indy would work (actually Plainfield) or Grove City?

R.
dirk2056
QUOTE(buck toenges @ Feb 16 2022, 03:16 PM) *

Rich,

I still need a windshield. What is the closest location to Ft. Wayne that I can get one? Indianapolis, Cincinnati? Toledo?

Thanks,
Buck

Call Glass American I live in cincinnati and it came from warehouse in Indy $179.00
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.