Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WANT TO BUY functional ECU
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Sm914650
Hi looking to find anyone with an 037 part # ECU for my 73 1.7..if anyone is in the Bay Area or can ship ASAP would love to connect. Cheers
Shackleford
I’d be willing to bet High Performance House in Redwood City has one.
Sm914650
QUOTE(Shackleford @ Feb 9 2022, 07:09 AM) *

Rich surprisingly hasnt had any for a while.
Shackleford
QUOTE(Sm914650 @ Feb 9 2022, 10:39 AM) *

Wow. That giant place full of stuff and no ECU. I’m surprised! Well good luck. I was of no help!
rjames
The ECUs that people say hardly ever fail are beginning to do just that. I've gone through 3 of them, including a NOS unit that was bad, to find one that worked.

Sm914650
QUOTE(Shackleford @ Feb 9 2022, 08:53 AM) *

QUOTE(Sm914650 @ Feb 9 2022, 10:39 AM) *

Wow. That giant place full of stuff and no ECU. I’m surprised! Well good luck. I was of no help!

Thanks for the recommendation regardless!
Sm914650
QUOTE(rjames @ Feb 9 2022, 08:57 AM) *

The ECUs that people say hardly ever fail are beginning to do just that. I've gone through 3 of them, including a NOS unit that was bad, to find one that worked.

This. Just finally got one of my 1.7s running After replacing the ecu. Luckily my shop had one laying around. Two weeks later same thing goes out in my other 1.7 haha
JeffBowlsby
I dunno guys, please be very careful and factually correct with what you post. 10s of 1,000s of 914s, VW T3s and T4s, Benzes, BMW CSis and others are still running around with D-Jet. Your individual experiences are noted but to suggest that all D-Jet ECUs are beginning to fail is a big stretch and may be (mis)interpreted as inflammatory. There is nothing factual to suggest that your experiences are a trend.

I will beleive this was not your intent but its like shouting 'fire' in a crowded room.
Ansbacher
God I love my carbs when I read threads like this laugh.gif

Ansbacher
bdstone914
QUOTE(Sm914650 @ Feb 9 2022, 01:49 AM) *

Hi looking to find anyone with an 037 part # ECU for my 73 1.7..if anyone is in the Bay Area or can ship ASAP would love to connect. Cheers

@Sm914650

I have two that were tested on a good running car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.