Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 914-6 Transmission Cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
johnhora
For Sale a rear 901 transmission cover for the 914-6.
This is a part that is unique to the 914-6 shifter setup.

PN 914.301.031.02

$280 usd plus shipping

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
johnhora
Click to view attachment
BillJ
I will take it please contact me via pm
zoomCat
The part number listed is for the Sportamatic, and doesn’t appear to match the photo which looks like a standard tail shifter. Am I wrong?
johnhora
zoomCat...
yes the numbers are a little weird in the unique 914-6 parts area...
the picture is of the actual part but the real part number is the 02
it is definitely a 914-6 part ... if you have a 6 or have ever worked on one you know the difference in this part and the 6's unique shift linkage...it's different than the early 4s and shifts much better....not as good as a late side shift but it's a 6...it maybe like the sporto but I'm not sure as I have never worked on one of those....I've work on a number of real 6 and own one so know it's the real deal.

BillJ sending PM...
johnhora
BillJ...sent you PM with info...Thanks
BillJ
My current tail cover is 914.301.302.00 on my case which is 914 01 7500881. Want to make sure i can.actually use this to replace current one which is showing its age.
johnhora
BillJ sent you a PM with some info on the differences in the 914-6 trans and the late side shift trans.
johnhora
here's the difference in some of the 901 internal and linkage parts for the 6....and also the tail piece in this ad

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
BillJ
Looks like my case was modded to use side shift and therefore i cannot use this. Such a nice part for a restoration.
johnhora
Thanks BillJ....yes best to keep your side shift for track use.

This part is still available...thanks
johnhora
icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.