Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanted: Back in the market for a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
mburnley
Hey all, after some discussion and some financial tweaking, I am back in the market for a solid project or running 914. I live in NW Louisiana and am willing to take a road trip for the right one. With that said... What do ya got?

Please reach out on the messages or respond here.
BillJ
Your budget is probably good to know.
mburnley
QUOTE(BillJ @ Feb 10 2022, 01:59 PM) *

Your budget is probably good to know.

How does 12k or less sound.
Ansbacher
At 12k or less you might want to bring a trailer on your road trip. Good luck in your search.

Ansbacher
mburnley
QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Feb 10 2022, 06:27 PM) *

At 12k or less you might want to bring a trailer on your road trip. Good luck in your search.

Ansbacher

Well, that’s what I got. And I’m sure someone has something. Thanks for the vote of confidence though.
Ansbacher
I hope you didn't think my response was snarky. I was just alluding to how prices have risen recently and what you get for your money now. Again, best of luck.

Ansbacher
Cairo94507
I think that is a realistic budget for a car that will need work but should be mostly together and should run.

If I were looking for another 914, I would try to buy a '73-'74 2.0 that was as stock as I could find. Good luck in your search; be patient and ready to act when one presents itself.

I would recommend seeing any 914 in person after you have viewed good photos of the car with all of the problematic areas revealed. As you probably know, the mechanicals on these are pretty simple but the rust issues are what kills most projects. A solid chassis puts you far ahead in any project. beerchug.gif welcome.png
mburnley
No offense taken. I am pretty patient and will be very particular with my choosing. I kick myself daily for selling my 2.0 and 1.7.

I may also be freeing up more funds by selling my 94 r100gs Paris Dakar... Unless... you would like to leverage a trade. If so, I would consider halting posting on BAT. Reach out if you would be interested.

Thanks for everyone's input.
--axel--
Thinking about selling my 1976 2.0.
Your $12k budget is a little lower than my target, but I'm open for negotiation.
Want it to go to a good home
2nd owner. Owned it for almost 20 years. Always garaged. Was originally bought in St. Louis by a dentist, and I brought it to the Kansas City area.
Odometer shows 82k, but it is really in the 75k range. Original owner had a cluster failure and replaced the odometer. I have a picture of the 2 odometers next to each other.
I also have the logbook from the original owner showing all maintenance.
All original except the fuel lines have been replaced with stainless steel.
Hasn't been on the road since 2015, but has been consistently titled.
Was running in 2015, but was having a fuel pressure issue that I haven't found the time to work through.
Started up and pulled it out of the garage for the pics (no problem other than having to jump it).
Paint is original (I believe), and is ok (not great). Previous owner tried to touch up a bunch of spots on the drivers door, but did a poor job. Also looks like somebody leaned against the right rear fender and flexed it enough to crack the paint there. A little surface dusting of rust at that location, but no penetration into the metal.
Original battery tray has some rust, but the hell-hole is solid.
Interior is great with no cracking other than a 1" cut in the driver's door and a cracked passenger side visor mirror.
Let me know if you are interested.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
914Sixer
I might have what you are looking for. I have a blank body at this point with metal work done and in primer for paint. Have lots of new parts, Fuchs wheels, 2.0 motor and trans core, factory sway bars, factory Bilstein suspension. Build the car your way. Original black 1973 2.0 L Appearance group car. Contact me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.