Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 Black wires on the + side of the coil.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Geezer914
There are 2 black wires joined together coming off the + side of the coil. One goes to the ignition switch, where does the other one connect to?
914sgofast2
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Feb 12 2022, 12:30 PM) *

There are 2 black wires joined together coming off the + side of the coil. One goes to the ignition switch, where does the other one connect to?

If you Pertronix ignition module, it goes to that in the dizzy.
Geezer914
I am installing a Pertronix digital HP box. They are showing the wire from the ignition switch going to the red wire on my Mallory distributor. The 2 wires black wires are attached together. Just want to be sure one doesn't t stay on the + side of the coil.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Feb 12 2022, 03:33 PM) *

I am installing a Pertronix digital HP box. They are showing the wire from the ignition switch going to the red wire on my Mallory distributor. The 2 wires black wires are attached together. Just want to be sure one doesn't t stay on the + side of the coil.

Do have L-jet?
Geezer914
Yes, Ljet. Installing a Pertronix Digital HP box to a Mallory Unilite distributor Wire diagram shows taking the wire from the ignition switch and the red wire from the box, and connecting it to the red wire on the distributor. Should I separate the 2 wires connected to the coil+, taking the black/red wire going to pin 7 (12 pin connector) and leave it connected to the coil+, and connect the black wire to the distributor?

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.