Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Refurbished Engine Cooling Fans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
stevegm
I’ve got three refurbished engine fans, reconditioned by Bruce Stone. Never used since refurbishing. He does a great job with refurbishing these. $100 each plus shipping.

One is for a 1.7L the others for a 2.0L. But they all fit any type 4 engine.
JeffBowlsby
I’ll take one of the 2.0l fans. Would that be the one at the top of the photo? Shipping to 94583. Total please.
jkb081
QUOTE(stevegm @ Feb 13 2022, 04:33 PM) *

I’ve got three refurbished engine fans, reconditioned by Bruce Stone. Never used since refurbishing. He does a great job with refurbishing these. $100 each plus shipping.

I see from the pictures that the 2.0 fans are larger than the 1.7. Please excuse a potential stupid question. But would installing a 2.0 fan on a 1.7 motor be an advisable upgrade. I am assuming the 2.0 fan moves more air because of its larger diameter.
bdstone914
QUOTE(jkb081 @ Feb 13 2022, 06:08 PM) *

QUOTE(stevegm @ Feb 13 2022, 04:33 PM) *

I see from the pictures that the 2.0 fans are larger than the 1.7. Please excuse a potential stupid question. But would installing a 2.0 fan on a 1.7 motor be an advisable upgrade. I am assuming the 2.0 fan moves more air because of its larger diameter.

They are all the same diameter. Only difference are the timing marks. I add marks on the fins to help with timing. And the early 1.7 fan has a raised cone in the center and takes shorter bolts. Very important to use the correct lenght bolt or it wlll contact the crank seal.
jkb081
[quote name='bdstone914' date='Feb 13 2022, 08:28 PM' post='2981591']
[quote name='jkb081' post='2981578' date='Feb 13 2022, 06:08 PM']
[quote name='stevegm' post='2981550' date='Feb 13 2022, 04:33 PM']

[/quote]
[/quote]

They are all the same diameter. Only difference are the timing marks. I add marks on the fins to help with timing. And the early 1.7 fan has a raised cone in the center and takes shorter bolts. Very important to use the correct lenght bolt or it wlll contact the crank seal.
[/quote
I see, thank you!
AKFish
Hi, do you still have a 2.0 fan available? Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.