Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Extra! Extra! Wavy washer commits terrorism
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
In an apparent act of suicide an 8mm wavy washer jumped to its death in an attempt to derail a Type IV engine build. Late last night when it believed security would be lax due to fatigue the accused dove from a rocker arm stud directly down a pushrod tube. The washer's fall was arrested by the lifter in the lifter bore where it rested for approximately 5 minutes. When it was discovered in hiding several attempts were made to recover it. The recovery team, in great distress, attempted to coax the washer out of it's hideout without the use of violence. As the evening wore on it became apparent that the terrorist washer was intent on self distruction and at approximately 8:00 PM it made an attempt at escape, bolting through an oil return passage into the crankcase. The evening ended with the situation at a standoff and recovery efforts would begin again in the morning.

Recovery attempts began again at approximately 3:30AM in an attempt to surprise the terrorist washer and because the recovery team could not sleep. Under clear skies and a creasent moon the confrontation began anew. Early attempts to scout for the washer were unsuccessful and further negotiations proved fruitless. The decision was made to go in after the culprit so at approximately 4:00 AM preparations were made to split the case and recover the washer.

The twenty case and through bolts were removed and the engine case was opened without difficulty. Little resistance was offered. Curses were heard from the recovery party as they probed futher into the terrorist washer's lair. Attempts to spot the perpetrator were fruitless until it was found hiding up against the rubber gasket holding in the windage tray. When confronted the forsaken washer gave up without a fight and it was removed to await it final judgement.

Clean up efforts continued for several hours and at last check the area is peaceful and life is returning to normal.

Security efforts are being redoubled and random searches will be enforced.

The accused is in custody and is awaiting trial on numerous charges including attempted murder of an engine. There is some doubt whether an impartial jury can be found and the trial may need to be moved. The washer is claiming he is innocent and that he tripped due to disregard for his personal saftey by the engine builder one DN Hunt. An attorney for the washer is threatening a suit in civil court. Rumor on the street is that the washer will not survive long in custody. ar15.gif ar15.gif

Here is the washer during his last moment of freedom.

Dave

goose2
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif well done!
SpecialK
chairfall.gif

Yeah, he looks like a screwy character! Hopefully the nut case doesn't bolt!
Brando
chairfall.gif lol2.gif

Damn washers! makes then snake-like magnets worthwhile now don't they?
McMark
Ouch. Let him burn. Bad washer, very bad washer! spank.gif
ClayPerrine
Put him to the cutting torch!!!!

Burn the Witch.. ..errr .... Washer!!! lol2.gif
redshift
laugh.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Dave, I am just glad you aren't working on my TEETH! pinch.gif OY!!

Make that thing into a necklace buddy! Fun story, sorry you lived it, but fun to read!

M
Rusty
Damn... I agree with Miles twice in one year? blink.gif

Way funny story... well written. Make something out of the washer, and then send the story into Pano or something. smile.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
rhodyguy
a diving save, good one dave. couldn't you have just rotated the engine in the stand so the washer would loose the battle due to gravity? only a half step backwards. nearly 4 weeks til whistler. you still have time. tic-toc.

k
Cap'n Krusty
I hope it wasn't really an 8mm washer, because it's supposed to be a 7mm one. The Cap'n
morph
after standing most the day in a 99 degree shop shooting, rollling, cutting,and grinding fiberglass,that was damn funny,and wrote very well btw. laugh.gif
let the washer fry. chair.gif for its acts against a 914!
james
MattR
Well done! Good thing you got that thing out without resorting to CHOPSTICKS biggrin.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Isn't that a weapon Of Mass Distruction?

Well written Dave slap.gif
tdgray
Sir... as Mr. Washer's attorney I must insist that you stop painting my client as a terrorist.

My client steadfastly denies any attempt to cause the destruction you so obviously tricked him into. It was police brutality I tell ya. He' got the bruises to prove it.

We will have our day in court... Oh yes we will biggrin.gif
Korijo
hilarious and sad chairfall.gif
redshift
I don't know if it would have damaged the case (anyone?) but maybe some WD-40 would have disolved the washer... I guess in the end, you'd still have had to spilt the case... and then how to get the WD-40 off..

laugh.gif

M
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (redshift @ Aug 1 2005, 10:00 AM)
I don't know if it would have damaged the case (anyone?) but maybe some WD-40 would have disolved the washer... I guess in the end, you'd still have had to spilt the case... and then how to get the WD-40 off..

laugh.gif

M

WHAT? The Cap'n
Dave_Darling
Kap'n, it's just Miles.... sheeplove.gif

--DD
MartyYeoman
Keep that washer!!
Put it on your key ring as a reminder that dangerous conditions are commonplace. headbang.gif
redshift
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 1 2005, 02:02 PM)

WHAT? The Cap'n

I suppose you are the only one here, that hasn't heard the story of the WD-40_vs_911 paint disaster?

wink.gif

M
Jake Raby
That Bastard has killed many engines!!!!
MecGen
Hey
Best read in a long time.... smilie_pokal.gif
Thanx I needed that beerchug.gif

Later

beerchug.gif
ThinAir
Well done! I helped a bug owner with an emergency rebuild at last year's AZ Bus Club Jerome Jamboree because he didn't exercise due caution with his washers and didn't realize he'd lost a flat washer down one of the intakes. Not a pretty sight at all and it's no satisfaction that the washer was done in because like most suicide attacks it caused so much more damage than was done to itself.

I had a similar incident with a valve adjust lock nut. Fortunately I was able to retrieve it from the push rod tub with a magnet. I was truly fearful that I'd have to do what you did!
Lyressa Roberts
Hehehe...thanks for the laugh.
bondo
QUOTE (redshift @ Aug 1 2005, 05:36 PM)
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 1 2005, 02:02 PM)

WHAT?  The Cap'n

I suppose you are the only one here, that hasn't heard the story of the WD-40_vs_911 paint disaster?

wink.gif

M

I haven't either.. care to summarize? smile.gif
DNHunt
Cap'n

It actually is 8mm as the studs were replaced with 8mm studs. Len Hoffman and Jake upgraded the valve train but. there was no way you would know that.

Everyone

The washer is headed for the rack. I'm going tear it apart limb from limb. We're planning a lynching cause I don't trust the courts since the washer seems unable to defend itself. We may make a party out of the lynching.

Bondo

The WD 40 thing came from the tail dragger forum on the bird board. Some poor guy got WD 40 on his paint and was worried he had damaged it. The thread went on and on with expressions of sympathy. The equivalent here would be finding you had a hell hole problem by dropping your favorite 13 mm wrench a seeing it disappear through a hole not quite large enough to reach into. We have a slightly different outlook on things.

Dave
redshift
QUOTE (bondo @ Aug 2 2005, 02:01 AM)

I haven't either.. care to summarize? smile.gif

Damn! I just spent 20 minutes searching Pelican (911 tech) for WD-40, remove, 'damage paint'... I just can't find it..

Was a silly post, guy had a fit, because he had WD-40 on his paint, and the thread got funny... real fast. Everyone had an idea, repaint, welding... complete tear-down..

Hilarious.

In fact, almost as funny as the guy who got a new Malibu as a loaner, while his BMW was being worked on..

M

bondo
Haha, I use WD-40 on paint, on purpose, to remove sticker residue, etc. Snicker.
Jake Raby
Yep, we ALWAYS upgrade the studs to 8mm- The 7s end up in the scrap bin!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.