Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1972 Porsche 914 LS swap w/ Boxster S Trans for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
LSV8914
LS swapped Porsche 914 paired to a Boxster S 6 speed manual transmission. Engine is the 5.3L LM4 all aluminum block and heads and uses an upgraded stage 4 cam from summit racing as well as upgraded fuel injectors from Holley. Had about 120k miles when I bought it and passed pressure testing. Transmission was purchased with about 80k miles on it. Uses drive-by-wire throttle utilizing the original 914 throttle pedal. ECU is the Holley Terminator X max. Upgraded suspension with new bushings and ground control systems coil-overs in the rear with Koni shocks both front and rear. Has heat, AC, and a hidden Bluetooth DSP. Car had about 86,xxx original miles and was stored in a garage in 1991 until I got my hands on it and brought it back to life March 2021. Still have the original hood and the incomplete original 1.7L engine, both of which will be sold with the car if wanted at no extra cost. Car runs and drives perfectly. Have driven to San Diego and back many times last summer with no issues. I use the vented hood shown in the photos when driving since the wheelwells are not cut. Original hood is provided in case new owner prefers cutting the wheelwells.
Tags good until January 2023. Brand new starter, brake pads, belts, and bushings throughout. Title on hand.

Known flaws: small rusted through hole in the passenger side fender. Some rusted through areas underneath the trunk carpet. Various paint chips. Areas painted black either had minor surface rust or just exposed steel.

Link to post: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/488123816283429

Link to photos: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Fhg...mKz?usp=sharing

Asking $29,000 cash obo

Edited to add more description on the engine and transmission.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
MidshipManiac
Have you dynoed the car yet? I know you said the engine passed a compression test; what were the numbers for all the cylinders?

What about that mr2 in the background, owner selling that too?
Gearup
Car looks great! Is that a
Carbon fiber wrap on the gauge template. If not, where did you purchase the gauge cluster plate? Thank you.
LSV8914
QUOTE(Gearup @ Feb 15 2022, 04:01 PM) *

Carbon fiber wrap on the gauge template. If not, where did you purchase the gauge cluster plate? Thank you.

Thank you! Good eye. That is indeed a carbon fiber wrap on the stock gauge cluster plate. The gauges are from speedhut, and I designed and 3D printed adapter rings to fit the speed hut gauges to the stock gauge cluster plate.
LSV8914
QUOTE(MidshipManiac @ Feb 15 2022, 10:12 AM) *

Have you dynoed the car yet? I know you said the engine passed a compression test; what were the numbers for all the cylinders?

What about that mr2 in the background, owner selling that too?

Unfortunately I have not gotten around to dyno’ing the car. The engine is built with an upgraded cam, injectors, valve springs, and rocker arms as well as a 90mm throttle body. I would conservatively put the numbers anywhere from 350-400 hp and torque, and you definitely feel all that torque no matter the gear or rpm. I don’t remember the exact figures per cylinder, but each one was either at or around 160psi.

That MR2 belongs to a buddy of mine. I’ve been trying hard to convince him to sell it and join the world of 914’s though, but he’s too far down the rabbit hole of his build to give up now. My 914 can gap his MR2 even if I’m locked into 6th gear all day long driving.gif
Gearup
QUOTE(LSV8914 @ Feb 15 2022, 07:52 PM) *

Thank you! Good eye. That is indeed a carbon fiber wrap on the stock gauge cluster plate. The gauges are from speedhut, and I designed and 3D printed adapter rings to fit the speed hut gauges to the stock gauge cluster plate.

You wouldn’t happen to have another set of those adapter rings would you. I have the full set of speedhut gauges ready to go:)
LSV8914
QUOTE(Gearup @ Feb 15 2022, 08:29 PM) *

You wouldn’t happen to have another set of those adapter rings would you. I have the full set of speedhut gauges ready to go:)

Unfortunately I do not. I’ll check my computer later today to see if I still have the CAD files for them to print some more. I will send you a PM later today if I find them smile.gif
2mAn
QUOTE(LSV8914 @ Feb 15 2022, 07:04 PM) *

That MR2 belongs to a buddy of mine. I’ve been trying hard to convince him to sell it and join the world of 914’s though, but he’s too far down the rabbit hole of his build to give up now. My 914 can gap his MR2 even if I’m locked into 6th gear all day long driving.gif

That looks a lot like my old MR2, silver and hardtop... I miss it. Mine had a 2ZZ and while a drag race with yours would leave it in the dust, the 2ZZ is a great setup for canyons. Im guessing he still has the 1ZZ. I miss my MR2 and have been looking for one again.

I also want a 914. Love what you've built but Im sheeplove.gif deep into rust repair on my Alfa so I cant buy another car until that ones done

How do the tires hold up to the power?
LSV8914
QUOTE(2mAn @ Feb 16 2022, 09:08 AM) *

QUOTE(LSV8914 @ Feb 15 2022, 07:04 PM) *

That looks a lot like my old MR2, silver and hardtop... I miss it. Mine had a 2ZZ and while a drag race with yours would leave it in the dust, the 2ZZ is a great setup for canyons. Im guessing he still has the 1ZZ. I miss my MR2 and have been looking for one again.

I also want a 914. Love what you've built but Im sheeplove.gif deep into rust repair on my Alfa so I cant buy another car until that ones done

How do the tires hold up to the power?

His MR2 does have a turbo 2zz in it. He's currently working on putting ITB's on it next.

If you roll into first and give it the full beans from 2nd and on, the tires hold up just perfectly. You do need to go light on the throttle around corners though or the rear end will like to break loose.
2mAn
QUOTE(LSV8914 @ Feb 16 2022, 10:32 AM) *

His MR2 does have a turbo 2zz in it. He's currently working on putting ITB's on it next.

Hmm... I might have sold him my Lotus Elise rear diffuser after I sold my MR2...

Anyways, yours looks great. So tempting. I definitely want another mid-engine car next and an open top option would be preferred so that makes both the 914 and another MR2 strong candidates...
LSV8914
QUOTE(2mAn @ Feb 16 2022, 12:16 PM) *

QUOTE(LSV8914 @ Feb 16 2022, 10:32 AM) *

Hmm... I might have sold him my Lotus Elise rear diffuser after I sold my MR2...

Anyways, yours looks great. So tempting. I definitely want another mid-engine car next and an open top option would be preferred so that makes both the 914 and another MR2 strong candidates...

He said he's definitely the one who bought the diffuser from you. What a small world!

You are more than welcome to come check out the car in person and test drive it if you'd like smile.gif
Gearup
QUOTE(LSV8914 @ Feb 16 2022, 08:55 AM) *

QUOTE(Gearup @ Feb 15 2022, 08:29 PM) *

Unfortunately I do not. I’ll check my computer later today to see if I still have the CAD files for them to print some more. I will send you a PM later today if I find them smile.gif

Thank you very much. You did a
Beautiful job and I would love a set.

Brett
matthepcat
Cool car. I suggest popping off the covers on the longs to take pictures there. Additionally, get some pictures of the underside of the car on a lift.
LSV8914
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Feb 18 2022, 10:42 AM) *

Cool car. I suggest popping off the covers on the longs to take pictures there. Additionally, get some pictures of the underside of the car on a lift.

I did attempt to remove the covers, but in the process I stripped a couple of bolts and I don't have the tools to remove a stripped bolts to get the covers off. I currently only have access to a hydraulic jack, so I can't get the car high enough to get a photo of the entire underside of the car. I do however have a photo of the car with the covers off exposing the longs when I was in the process of building it. Unfortunately I have since returned those table carts I used to lift the car once the build was completed.

Click to view attachment
LSV8914
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Feb 18 2022, 10:42 AM) *

I just uploaded a few videos to the google drive showing the underside the best that I can. If there is any particular area anyone wants closer photos/videos of, please let me know and I will upload them to the folder.
matthepcat
From one of the videos, it looks like the front trunk floor pan was replaced with a piece of metal that was just bolted in? Am I seeing that correct?

Do you have any videos of the car running? (cold start/ idle / driving etc)
LSV8914
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Feb 18 2022, 03:47 PM) *

From one of the videos, it looks like the front trunk floor pan was replaced with a piece of metal that was just bolted in? Am I seeing that correct?

The car came with the dealer installed AC unit, so that piece of metal replaced the gaping hole left by the old condenser. The battery was also relocated to sit on top of that metal.

I'll upload some videos of the car running shortly.
LSV8914
QUOTE(LSV8914 @ Feb 18 2022, 04:17 PM) *

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Feb 18 2022, 03:47 PM) *

The car came with the dealer installed AC unit, so that piece of metal replaced the gaping hole left by the old condenser. The battery was also relocated to sit on top of that metal.

I'll upload some videos of the car running shortly.

Videos are up! I apologize in advance for my filming skills. Hard to film and drive a manual at the same time so I tried my best to keep the phone in the ashtray, but the car just has too much get up and go for the phone to stay in place.
LSV8914
Price drop to $31.5k. Clean title on hand and ready to be driven home today.
LSV8914
Price drop to $30,000. Open to offers as well.
LSV8914
Finally had a chance to get my car dyno'd yesterday. 397hp and 388lb-ft of torque at the crank, and 311hp and 304lb-ft of torque at the wheels.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Bonanzaman
Just watched the vid, and hearing some clunking/clattering sounds going over bumps???
Any idea what that is?
LSV8914
QUOTE(Bonanzaman @ Mar 1 2022, 07:13 AM) *

Just watched the vid, and hearing some clunking/clattering sounds going over bumps???
Any idea what that is?

I believe that’s the sound of the phone shaking in the ash tray. There were also items in the glove box, arm rest, and trunk. Since there is little to no sound deadening in the car, you can hear every little thing.
LSV8914
Price dropped to $29k icon_bump.gif
LSV8914
Bump icon_bump.gif
MM1
Gosh - if only I could transform the 2-914's I have now into this one!

GLWTS!

Thanks for the dyno numbers. Wow - I didn't realize the boxster transaxle (and cv axles, etc.) would eat 22% of the power . . .
The Double S
Bump for a really well put together conversion. The seller is a super cool guy too.

Had a chance to see it and drive it. Working on mine being as nice as this one day.

Good luck
LSV8914
Bump icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.