Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Le Mans wins
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Unobtanium-inc
Just arrived from France, hand painted on a poster, depicting all 19 wins of Porsche at Le Mans. Who has more wins? Nobody. Porsche reigns supreme.
930cabman
Very cool, simple the proof is in the ........

My personal favorite is Not a winner, but the #40 car in 1970. Talk about the mouse that roared
abes914
That is awesome!!!!

Can you share a link so we can order (depending of the cost) pretty please?

Thanks
maf914
QUOTE(abes914 @ Feb 15 2022, 01:44 PM) *

Can you share a link so we can order (depending of the cost) pretty please?

This appears to be the site. Prices for posters are not bad, but I don't know what the shipping would be.

https://www.abmotorart.com/index.php
Shivers
QUOTE(930cabman @ Feb 15 2022, 11:59 AM) *

My personal favorite is Not a winner, but the #40 car in 1970. Talk about the mouse that roared

What makes you a "Winner". Winning first over all with all the power in the world and with Porsche fully behind you. Or winning first in your class and then at the same time, against cars that have tons more power than you, win 6th over all behind more monster cars. All the time being the red headed step child of Porsche. I think that poster is missing one car, but it is beautiful just the same.
930cabman
QUOTE(Shivers @ Feb 16 2022, 02:04 PM) *

QUOTE(930cabman @ Feb 15 2022, 11:59 AM) *

What makes you a "Winner". Winning first over all with all the power in the world and with Porsche fully behind you. Or winning first in your class and then at the same time, against cars that have tons more power than you, win 6th over all behind more monster cars. All the time being the red headed step child of Porsche. I think that poster is missing one car, but it is beautiful just the same.

Exactly, my thoughts to a T
Unobtanium-inc
I think what made the first few outright wins important to Porsche was that for years and years they generally took their class but never the overall win. This changed with the advent of the fiberglass cars which proved to be unstoppable.
krazykonrad
Nothing off topic about this thread. beerchug.gif
Geezer914
Poster available on ebay for $29.00
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.