Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quasiturbine engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SpecialK
Better torque at low rpm, "zero" vibration, better fuel economy, light weight, and lower emissions.......... idea.gif Now, does KEP make an adapter plate? biggrin.gif

Pretty indepth but very interesting read.

http://quasiturbine.promci.qc.ca/ETheoryQT...QTSpecifics.htm
redshift
huh.gif

Where is the hole to feed the gerbils?

heh best when mounted in the transverse configuration, cut.. err ground looping.. :

"7 - Zero vibration on the shaft: The Quasiturbine is a true rotating engine with a stationary gravity center during rotation devoid of any vibration on the shaft (however like any other engine it is subject to unidirectional counter-torque impulses)."

Yeah, slightly more than Pawpaw's Olds.. wink.gif

M
airsix
There is a new French automobile in the works which will be the first production car to use this technology. It will be marketed as the 'Quasi-Moto'.

-Ben M. laugh.gif
SpecialK
QUOTE (airsix @ Aug 1 2005, 12:12 AM)
There is a new French automobile in the works which will be the first production car to use this technology. It will be marketed as the 'Quasi-Moto'.

-Ben M. laugh.gif

lol2.gif chairfall.gif

Good one!
Brando
Wow, that was pretty detailed! I hope they make an adapter plate for the 901 or 915 trans biggrin.gif

user posted image

I wonder how much power you can get out of a 2.0L QT engine...
redshift
QUOTE (airsix @ Aug 1 2005, 02:12 AM)

-Ben M. laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Dave_Darling
Damn, those guys could use some English writing lessons!!

From the illo here, it looks like a Wankel rotary with a whole lot more complex moving bits. To me, that says "two-stroke emissions and oil usage issues, and much less reliability than a Wankel". Overal verdict: Thumbs DOWN.

--DD
bondo
Yeah, looks like overhyped vaporware. A BIG problem of wankels is the uneven size/shape of the combustion chamber at ignition. Lots of surface area, thinner spots, etc. This leads to incomplete combustion, bad emissions, and inefficiency. This quasi-thing looks to be about 10,000 times worse in that regard. smile.gif And how are you going to cool it? Those pointy bits are going to get hot and lead to detonation-hell.

I'd say it stands half a chance after another 100 years of development. smile.gif
bd1308
ohmy.gif APEX SEALS!!!!!

there's four and not three.

bad idea. i agree with DDD
JmuRiz
If I wanted an 'odd' engine I'd get a Wankel, seems like the beter choice over a wankle-like designed by someone that only likes even numbers (4 chambers instead of 3) wink.gif
bondo
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Aug 1 2005, 02:01 PM)
ohmy.gif APEX SEALS!!!!!

there's four and not three.

bad idea. i agree with DDD

And they aren't even at the apex!!! Look at how much lateral pressure they need to handle as they extend!! Sheesh.
bd1308
didnt even notice....wow. break one of those superheated suckers off in a jiffy.

unsure.gif wacko.gif
nebreitling
but guys, it's a paradigm-shift!
SpecialK
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Aug 1 2005, 02:50 PM)
... it looks like a Wankel rotary with a whole lot more complex moving bits. To me, that says "two-stroke emissions and oil usage issues, and much less reliability than a Wankel". Overal verdict: Thumbs DOWN.

--DD

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true is really true, there would be little hope of advance. "

-Orville Wright

cool_shades.gif
SpecialK
An unrelated note, but.......

Because information was posted on the Boeing Web, essentially making the information declassified, I feel it's safe to tell you guys that they (Boeing's Phantom Works) are currently working on Anti-Gravity Propulsion. ohmy.gif (Star Trek theme music in the backround). So just because the Quasiturbine looks odd, or ineffecient/ineffective, don't discount it.....you may just be driving one someday. wink.gif
mihai914
The guy lives five minutes away from me, his test mule is one of those early POS Saturns, I've seen it on the street once. Since then it is always parked in a corner!

Alot of people in Quebec could use english lessons including me, you guys could use some French swearing tips from us biggrin.gif
mightyohm
QUOTE (Buzzard1 @ Aug 1 2005, 02:20 PM)

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true is really true, there would be little hope of advance. "

-Orville Wright

I think our motto should be "What is true is true (because I read it on some forum somewhere)".
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (mihai914 @ Aug 1 2005, 04:46 PM)
Alot of people in Quebec could use english lessons including me, you guys could use some French swearing tips from us  :D

Well, I recall that you complemented my French at one point, Mihai. But, even though I can speak it to an extent, I would not try writing a large website (trying to get investors, at that!) in a language that I did not write very well.

They should'a hired an Anglophone to write the text!

QUOTE (buzzard1)

-Orville Wright

"There's a sucker born every minute."
-P.T. Barnum

--DD
SpecialK
"There's a sucker born every minute"

-P.T. Barnum

Touché Dave! wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.