Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's a fair price for these bumpers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
john77
Took these off my 73 when I got FG bumpers. Now I'm moving house I'm trying to be less of a hoarder and let go of some of the 914 stuff I'll probably never use again.

The FG bumpers cost me $1000, so I'd love to know a fair price for these to offset some of that expense - but I have no clue what, if anything, they're worth.

THE REAR BUMPER

The rear is completely straight with no dents. The chrome has some oxidation (green dots), the majority of which is in the centre of the bottom, right above where my dual exhaust tips were. It should clean up nice though. There's a 3 inch strip of rust colorization (i.e. the chrome is still intact, but discolored orange) dead centre from where the metal license plate mount was touching it.

The back of the rear has a little bit of surface rust, but nothing crazy.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

THE FRONT BUMPER

The front was hit in the passenger side tit at some point - I only discovered this after I bought the car and removed the tit. It hasn't bent the overall shape of the bumper, but there is a dent and the chrome has cracked exposing the steel beneath leading to rust. As you can see, the grille still fits as it should.

The rest of the chrome is in good condition with no cracking.

It has the oil cooler cutout, but I have no idea if it was manufactured like that or added later.

And there's surface rust on the back of it.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
peteyd
I would charge my customers $50-100 for those. They are not nice enough to pass for a daily driver. These are core bumpers that need refinishing before they go on a car.

Pete
mepstein
QUOTE(peteyd @ Feb 17 2022, 02:17 PM) *

I would charge my customers $50-100 for those. They are not nice enough to pass for a daily driver. These are core bumpers that need refinishing before they go on a car.

Pete

agree.gif
PaulFV8
John, I’m interested in these. I’ll do some research tonight and come up with an offer if you’re interested. I have a freshly chromed front bumper but need one cut out for the front cooler

Thanks
Paul
john77
Thanks guys.

@PaulFV8 sure, shoot me a pm *** EDIT: Actually, I just noticed you're in Virginia. I'm juggling so much stuff with my move I won't have time to ship these, so will be local pick up only.
PaulFV8
QUOTE(john77 @ Feb 17 2022, 04:41 PM) *

Thanks guys.

@PaulFV8 sure, shoot me a pm *** EDIT: Actually, I just noticed you're in Virginia. I'm juggling so much stuff with my move I won't have time to ship these, so will be local pick up only.

No problem, I did get messages from some locals smile.gif all good

stat safe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.