Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Powder Coated Valve Covers $50 a Pair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bdstone914
I have four pairs of valve covers that were in good shape blasted and powder coated. There are a few minor dents.
$50 a pair and $8 shipping.
worn
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Feb 18 2022, 04:10 PM) *

I had four pairs of valve covers that wer in good shape blasted and powder coated. There are a few minor dents.

How well does powder coating resist scratching or chipping when the bail slides across. I understand that you can put cardboard or wood underneath, but my painted covers always show some wear and tear after a valve adjustment or two.
Thanks.
Warren
bdstone914
QUOTE(worn @ Feb 18 2022, 07:02 PM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Feb 18 2022, 04:10 PM) *

I had four pairs of valve covers that wer in good shape blasted and powder coated. There are a few minor dents.

How well does powder coating resist scratching or chipping when the bail slides across. I understand that you can put cardboard or wood underneath, but my painted covers always show some wear and tear after a valve adjustment or two.
Thanks.
Warren

@worn
It does much better than paint. If you lry the bail away from the cover as you push it up it miminizes damage.
bdstone914
Bump
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.