Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Silver 914-6 Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > Your eBay and Craigslist Ads for 914 Stuff
Lamont71
Hello,

New here.. I have been looking for a 914 for some years now. I finally found somewhat of what I'm looking for. Wondering if anyone has seen this car or knows anything about the build?

Thanks Rob.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284647991768?_trkp...c0c46%7Ciid%3A1
73-914
@Motorrific

looks to be the car you're looking for
flyer86d
Nicely done car! Serial number says it is a 1971. Price seems right.

Charlie
Tdskip
Corrosion in the carbs likely means engine issues, engine issues with a 2.2 likely means a $15,000 +/- rebuild (West Coast numbers).

Not sure how much of deal this one is.
Motorrific
QUOTE(73-914 @ Feb 19 2022, 09:14 AM) *

@Motorrific

looks to be the car you're looking for

Sweet mother of God
Motorrific
This was my fathers car and I'm gonna say right off the bat - I don't think this is a good buy. And that's coming from a guy who spent the better part of three years trying to track down this exact vehicle.

It was originally a red four cylinder. My dad bored out the block for displacement and then mounted webber carbs. He sold it out of New Jersey in 1996, it was register in New Jersey as late as 2011 (my own title checking research) and then dropped off the radar until it has now suddenly appeared in Texas.

Now they want 30K + and are already anticipating you'll need to pull the motor? God knows what's been done to it that led to the carbs being dismounted and sitting in the trunk. Not to mention it's got a mismatch of custom parts, non 914 suspension, the original wheels are gone (these may be Porsche wheels but they aren't the wheels my dad got when he bought it), etc.

This thing has probably seen some $#!& and needs a hell of a lot of money and labor to get it back to where it should be.

I would expect to pay 5 to 10K for a project like this. And honestly given what's been done to it, I'm not sure I'd even want it back at that price.
mepstein
I’d take it for 10k for parts. For $32k, I’d want a running engine.
Motorrific
It is! Unfortunately it has nothing in common with the vehicle I originally went looking for - and frankly, asking 30K+ for a non running project car is a little silly.
rhodyguy
When did eBay starting listing items as a classified and not an auction with a reserve? The flares are FG?
mepstein
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 2 2022, 06:13 PM) *

When did eBay starting listing items as a classified and not an auction with a reserve? The flares are FG?

It’s an option when you list a car. Cost around $75 to list it. I don’t know when it started.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.