Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I forget…. Which front calipers can be used on the rear?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
I can’t remember
Which front -4 calipers can be mounted on the rear (with spacers)

Is it the early ones that have the close offset?

Tia
Brant
mlindner
Mine was a 74, move to the back with I think 1/4 spacers. This was with the five bolt conversion and 911 front calipers. Works very well...but no hand brake. Mark
brant
So it’s the lates

Thank you!
mlindner
brant, I do have some where the template I used and thickness. Let me find it and I can send It two you. PM me you address. Mark
brant
Thanks Mark. But unnecessary
I’m just cleaning out milk crates full of parts. Trying to figure out what to save and what to sell
burton73
Because of the parking brake, does it matter.

Bob B
mlindner
Well, bigger pistons...more braking in rear when more braking is added to front.
GregAmy
QUOTE(mlindner @ Feb 19 2022, 04:14 PM) *

brant, I do have some where the template I used and thickness. Let me find it and I can send It two you. PM me you address. Mark

I'd certainly appreciate having it. I can use some extra front brakes I have on the rear of my race car (no parking brake). I'll PM you.

Just the calipers or do the rotors go back there, too? - Greg

Edit: doh, just saw you're talking 5-bolt. I'm still 4-bolt...
mlindner
I still have the solid rear rotor so it is not affected by the five bolt conversion.
Tdskip
QUOTE(mlindner @ Feb 19 2022, 04:14 PM) *

Template for caliper mounting/ spacer?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.