Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel line clamps
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Medtner3
I am switching from cloth fuel hose to rubber.

Can you use the cloth style clamps for rubber fuel hose or should you use a different style clamp such as worm gear?
GregAmy
I recommend this style:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073X2W399
Medtner3
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Feb 21 2022, 10:35 AM) *

That is the original style for cloth hose I guess that's okay for high pressure rubber hose lines? I did use this style for my engine compartment fuel injection hoses
mepstein
QUOTE(Medtner3 @ Feb 21 2022, 11:42 AM) *

QUOTE(GregAmy @ Feb 21 2022, 10:35 AM) *

That is the original style for cloth hose I guess that's okay for high pressure rubber hose lines? I did use this style for my engine compartment fuel injection hoses

yes, correct for either high pressure fuel lines
bdstone914
QUOTE(Medtner3 @ Feb 21 2022, 10:20 AM) *

Can you use the cloth style clamps for rubber fuel hose or should you use a different style clamp such as worm gear?

Dont use worm gear clamps. They can cut into the hose. If the rubber hose is the same OD you can use the same clamps. Some rubber hoses have thicker walls. The original hoses were for 13mm hoses.
Van B
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Feb 21 2022, 11:57 AM) *

Dont use worm gear clamps. They can cut into the hose. If the rubber hose is the same OD you can use the same clamps. Some rubber hoses have thicker walls. The original hoses were for 13mm hoses.

agree.gif
My experience has led to a rule of thumb that worm gear clamps are no bueno for any hose less than 2” diameter. The risk of pinching or asymmetric clamping is too high. This is attributed to the inarticulate worm gear itself.
Medtner3
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Feb 21 2022, 10:57 AM) *

I used the original clamps, although the round slotted screw head is a PITA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.