Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1974 914 V8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
MrBMW2002

Pending

History: I purchased this car earlier this year (2022) from this website. Great seller and great website! Thank you to everyone. I have a folder of documents, work done, prior receipts, literature and title all from the previous owner. I bought this because I was looking for a project car to tinker around with. (I got my fix from this car!) The prices of the 914’s have really started to take off and felt it would be a good time to get an entry level one to bring back to life.

I bought it as a non running project (3,700 dollars) and had it shipped to me in California (2,300 dollars since it was a non runner). The fuel tank and lines needed to be cleaned out from sitting. I went through the Edlebrock carb as well. I also had to buy a new battery. Once everything was cleaned and hooked up it started right up! The alternator belt was squeaking and noisy due to being loose so I tightened it as well.

Here are the specs of the car.
1974 Porsche 914(originally white). It appears to be a Rod Simpson build in the 1980’s
Repaint in red that is good from far, but far from good.
283 Chevy V8/ Tail shift transmission (transmission needs some work with the syncros).
Some areas of rust as shown in the pictures.
ATS Wheels with BMW front Calipers.

Overall: This is a fun little car that now runs! It still does need some small parts/final sorting to make it a true driving car.

I feel $7,500 is a fair price for the car. Please let me know if you have any questions. I have many more pictures of the car I can send interested parties. The car is in Lafayette, California.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=827
150]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid
=827153]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachme
ntid=827157]
MM1
Pm sent
Root_Werks
This should be gone quick, seems like a deal even if there is some rust.
rasam
PM sent
nditiz1
I wish I had known about this when it was on the east coast headbang.gif

As root said it should go quick
subie/914
QUOTE(MrBMW2002 @ Feb 22 2022, 12:33 PM) *

Pending

History: I purchased this car earlier this year (2022) from this website. Great seller and great website! Thank you to everyone. I have a folder of documents, work done, prior receipts, literature and title all from the previous owner. I bought this because I was looking for a project car to tinker around with. (I got my fix from this car!) The prices of the 914’s have really started to take off and felt it would be a good time to get an entry level one to bring back to life.

I bought it as a non running project (3,700 dollars) and had it shipped to me in California (2,300 dollars since it was a non runner). The fuel tank and lines needed to be cleaned out from sitting. I went through the Edlebrock carb as well. I also had to buy a new battery. Once everything was cleaned and hooked up it started right up! The alternator belt was squeaking and noisy due to being loose so I tightened it as well.

1974 Porsche 914(originally white). It appears to be a Rod Simpson build in the 1980’s
283 Chevy V8/ Tail shift transmission (transmission needs some work with the syncros).

Overall: This is a fun little car that now runs! It still does need some small parts/final sorting to make it a true driving car.

I feel $7,500 is a fair price for the car. Please let me know if you have any questions. I have many more pictures of the car I can send interested parties. The car is in Lafayette, California.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=827
150]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid
=827153]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachme
ntid=827157]
piratenanner.gif If the sale doesnt work out please let me know/ I have the cash and I am very interested.
Robarabian
New Owner... MM!Click to view attachment
Van B
Those ATS wheels are worth $1200… ask me how I know lol!
pete000
Nice buy @MM1
Root_Werks
agree.gif

Looks like a good score to me!

Hope you start a thread in the Garage for us. Would love to see more pics, driving impressions etc.

ValcoOscar
Congratulations Marcus

Oscar

Enjoy the journey beer3.gif

Let me know if you want to come up one Saturday

Freezin 914
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Mar 8 2022, 06:34 PM) *

agree.gif

Hope you start a thread in the Garage for us. Would love to see more pics, driving impressions etc.

agree.gif
Would like to watch this project progress. Looks like a great buy!
MM1
QUOTE(Van B @ Mar 8 2022, 12:15 AM) *

Those ATS wheels are worth $1200… ask me how I know lol!

Funny - I told @Pete000 that I finally found the ATS 5-spokes that I wanted . . . I just had to buy a complete car to get a good deal on them-lol.
MM1
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Mar 8 2022, 07:34 PM) *

agree.gif

Thank you, Sir, I’ll give that a shot - thankfully Rob helped me grab it from NorCal - and made a video to boot. . . thank you for everything, Rob! pray.gif
MM1
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Mar 8 2022, 10:51 PM) *

Congratulations Marcus

Oscar

Enjoy the journey beer3.gif

Let me know if you want to come up one Saturday

Thank you, Oscar - you, Sir are a gentleman and a (914/911] scholar!

I definitely have a few questions about moving forward. . .

Look forward to seeing you, as always.

Marcus
MM1
QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Mar 9 2022, 07:32 AM) *

QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Mar 8 2022, 06:34 PM) *

agree.gif

agree.gif
Would like to watch this project progress. Looks like a great buy!

Roger that, Houston . . .appreciate your thoughts!
MM1
QUOTE(pete000 @ Mar 8 2022, 04:18 PM) *

Nice buy @MM1

Thanks, Pete!

Now, if only I could get you out here to help Rob and I knock out the resurrection of the white 914. . . I could get that red one in the garage and cover its “base price!”

Remember - you and the rosy (rusty?) pictures you painted got me in this mess in the first place biggrin.gif chair.gif headbang.gif

Just wanna driving.gif

oh, and , uh - don’t tell the kids I ever used an emoji - could ruin their (crusty?) stately picture of me (in the corner . . . in a box).

How do I edit this? wink.gif
Pezz
QUOTE(MrBMW2002 @ Feb 22 2022, 09:33 AM) *

Pending

ntid=827157]

You SCORED!!
aktion035.gif
red914.jpg 14.gif
MM1
Thanks, @Pezz!
Robarabian
Was a fun road trip Marcus... yes, the video is funny, but for you to decide to share.. lol
I didn't make it public on you tube...

QUOTE(MM1 @ Mar 9 2022, 03:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Mar 8 2022, 07:34 PM) *

agree.gif

Thank you, Sir, I’ll give that a shot - thankfully Rob helped me grab it from NorCal - and made a video to boot. . . thank you for everything, Rob! pray.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.