Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 heat exchangers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GeorgeRud
Has anyone had any experience with the aftermarket 914-6 heat exchangers? I have seen the B&B ones, but heard they do not really heat very well. I'm in Illinois and really would like to lengthen the driving season out here, but my 914-6 conversion is currently only running headers. It is a 2.7 liter, so I think the stock exchangers are a bit small (and $$).
Jeroen
stock heat exchangers are big enuf for your 2.7, so if you can find a decent used set, that would be the way to go...

GHL also has headers with heat in SS, but they are big $$$ and have some fitment issues IIRC (same for the B&B's)

It's been discussed recently, so try a search...
olav

It seems stock is the way to go.

The stainles B&B and DHL with heat don't seem to work as advertised.

sad.gif
IronHillRestorations
Find a set of good used factory 6'er boxes. They work great up to and including a 3.0!
Mueller
Hi George.....

How are you?

Thanks again for that ride in your 2.7 powered beast a few years ago clap.gif

Joe Bob
Stock exchangers are a bit pricey...but STILL cheaper than the bling bling aftermarket ones. They also work better.

The smaller ID stockers actually help on low end for motors up to 3.0.....you lose a bit on the upper range....but if yer racing....go with headers and put on a jacket.... cool_shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.