Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eastwood Fender Roller
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
ive seen it.... pretty cool.
would like to use it to stretch my front fenders a tad....

about 240 bucks delivered.... anyone use it?
anyone interested in buying it and renting it out to club members???

AA

user posted image
From Eastwood: Increase tire/fender clearance, flare fenders and/or repair wheel arch collision damage with this pro grade forming tool. Bolts directly to hub flange. Elongated holes in adapter plate fit all popular 4 and 5 bolt hubs, and are held in place with the included dished washers and vehicles lug nuts. Forming arm adjusts from 14" to 22 3/4" Delrin ® ball bearing forming roller is tough enough to form the fender without damaging the paint. Limited one year warranty. Imported. •Increases tire to fender clearance. •Adjustable forming roll gradually rolls inner lip flat. •Non-Marring Delrin® forming roll preserves original finish. •Adjustable arm length fits a wide range of automotive and light truck applications. •Durable heavy steel powder coated construction.

sixnotfour
Here you Go , 50 bucks
http://www.rollyourfender.com/index.html
Brando
Maybe a few of us can chip in for one?
Andyrew
All it does is roll the LIP... not the fender...

You know the baseball bat thing? Thats all that this is.

Wont help you much Aaron....
bondo
Will not work on Porsche's 130mm. Please check your bolt circle.

Besides, it looks to be designed for round fender openings, not the bizzare flat topped 914 ones. Just use a baseball bat. smile.gif
TimT
We use a baseball bat, in fact one of our customers rolled his supercup car this past weekend at Mosport, most damage was to the left rear quarter, we beat the fender out with a sledge, then rolled it with a bat while dressing the distorted metal.

raced the enduro the next day and placed 2nd overall, First in class w00t.gif
MattR
QUOTE (sixnotfour @ Jul 31 2005, 09:33 PM)
Here you Go , 50 bucks
http://www.rollyourfender.com/index.html

"Will not work on Porsche's 130mm. Please check your bolt circle."
Elliot_Cannon
I didn't use a baseball bat but used a length of 2 inch pvc pipe. Now I wish I hadn't. Unless you are real careful or real lucky or in fact actually know what you are doing you'll end up with two creases in each fender like I did. I got plenty of clearance now but a little body work will have to be done to get it right. I think Bondo is right, I think this thing was meant for a constant radius fender opening. See ya Wednesday night.
Cheers, Elliot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.