Hi Folks - It only took a couple of minutes to remove one end of the spring from its mount position on top of the fender.

But I can’t figure out how to get the other end free at the hinge (even after consulting my Haynes and Porsche factory manuals).

The Porsche manual says to “Unscrew hinge from reinforcement wheel arch.” Is this referring to any of these 3 bolts?
Click to view attachment
The bolt thru the moving part of the hinge is the shoulder bolt / hinge pivot, right? Won’t removing this leave the corner of the lid unsupported?

What am I missing?

I see differences on the vendor sites of (AA - different hinge bolts) and (RD - 2 different springs) according to model year. Were there changes to any of the associated parts (I.e. lid, hinge, spring inner fender mount position, or ??) that went with these changes? Or were the different springs & bolts simply improvements as Porsche developed the 914 in production?

Here’s a pic of my detached spring where I can’t figure out a way to unhook the end from the hinge without traumatizing the paint.
Click to view attachment

Thanks,
Bob