Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: steering wheel shaking errrrr
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
a.munoz3
well............ ive had my 914 quite a while but havent had much time to mess around with but never hardly tooken it on the freeway. I decided why not hmm take it on the freeway and about 60 mph my steering wheel shakes and it shakes less if i speed up dry.gif ?? confusing do i need to have a balance job done?
Jeroen
most likely, your wheels/tires need to be balanced

also check for play on the wheel bearings and balljoint
ArtechnikA
and tie rods...
KevinP
Think I would check the brake rotors too....

Aaron Cox
check wheel balance...and get your car aligned.......
Joe Bob
Could be flat spotted tires as well.
tdgray
QUOTE (a.munoz3 @ Aug 1 2005, 02:18 AM)
but never hardly tooken it on the freeway

Have them check your grammer along with everything mentioned above biggrin.gif

Sorry just giving you stromberg.gif
TonyAKAVW
I had the same problem. Just got new tires mounted and balanced the other day and the problem is completely gone.

-Tony
lapuwali
Try swapping your front tires to the back and see if the problem changes. If it's wheel balance or an out-of-round tire, there will still be vibration, but you'll feel it through your butt instead of through the steering wheel. If it doesn't change, it's a wheel bearing or a balljoint, most likely.
a.munoz3
thx for the help
RustyWa
When you get your wheels spin balanced, will the machine notice if your tire has a problem like a flat spot or a problem with a rim?
lapuwali
QUOTE (RustyWa @ Aug 1 2005, 11:30 AM)
When you get your wheels spin balanced, well the machine notice if your tire has a problem like a flat spot or a problem with a rim?

The tech should notice. You can see it wobble on the machine, and it will be hard to impossible to balance.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.