Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel clearance question on GT body
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
sixaddict
Trying to determine wheel fitment on a GT for best clearance
Currently running 9 x 16 Fuchs with Hoosier R7 245 x 45…..have some rubbing but mainly cleared it but very close on the inside. Was fine with R6 but 7 idea.gif
If We switch to 8 x 16 would it increase clearance.
Click to view attachment
914 Ranch
Depends on the offset, I have more clearance on the outside than the inside fender well. Spacers made it even better. But it still keeps a little spot polished.
sixnotfour
offset and flair install ...Fuchs offset chart..
Shivers
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 5 2022, 01:17 PM) *

offset and flair install ...Fuchs offset chart..

Wow, thanks. That will come in handy.
mlindner
8's squared should work fine. I run the standard 7 & 8s with 1/2 spacers in front and all the clearances are fine.
CCE
Is there a chart like that for a narrow body?
infraredcalvin
That is not a chart for the body, it’s for the wheel, Fuchs specifically. Measure distance from hub to inside fender, compare to chart by subtracting backspace from wheel width and that’ll give you an idea of how wide of Fuchs you can run.

There is much more to it, but it’s a starting point.
PlaysWithCars
I'm running 8x15 at all four corners w/ 245 A7s. Slight rub on the rear inside w/ ~2.0 deg negative camber. Tight to the fender lip, but don't draw any conclusions from that. My car has fiberglass flares that are not consistent left to right.
NARP74
Is there an update to the chart that has the 951 7 x 16s on it? Or are they the same as the 911 7 x 16s?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.