Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blast from the Past.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
racerbvd
Found this jewel in a box I was going through this evening.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Superhawk996
Oh man, Iron-on T-shirt transfers . . . . I can smell it now. It is so funny how memories like that get associated with smell, taste, or some other sense.

So 1970's!

That is cool.
racerbvd
Found this jewel in a box I was going through this evening.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
914Sixer
An old iron on. Way back for sure.
Superhawk996
duplicate
mate914
Can someone make more?
Matt flag.gif
Mikey914
Maybe.......
Can you get me a better picture? I'll PM you.
SO.O.C914er
Would be cool to get some shirts made up with that design. Yes I to remember the smell of doing my own iron on! lol-2.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 3 2022, 09:24 AM) *

Can you get me a better picture?

Click to view attachment
Root_Werks
Oh wow, brings back memories of iron on's from the 70's. I was to young for cars, more Star Wars, Scooby Doo etc. Yes the smell, I swear I can remember the smell.
9146GUY
I know the guy who bought Roach. I'll see if he still has some of those old screens
Big Len
I have the shirt.
Click to view attachment
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 3 2022, 05:15 PM) *

I have the shirt.

piratenanner.gif that is too funny . . . . amazing really. Brings truth to the old line; I have T-shirts older than you.
Mikey914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 3 2022, 09:50 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 3 2022, 09:24 AM) *

Can you get me a better picture?

Click to view attachment

should do it
Maltese Falcon
Loved those 1970's iron-ons; got sent home from HS for wearing my fave "Coors breakfast of Champions" tee shirt.
Local L.A. dJ Wolfman Jack had his late night am radio show on"The Big XERB" iron-on (mail order for $1 buck) another fave biggrin.gif Wolfman had some short memorable scenes in "Hollywood Knights" and "American Graffiti"
Big Daddy Ed Roth "Rat Fink" was a good one as well
marty914.jpg
vitamin914
Staples sells DIY Avery heat transfer paper for inkjet printers. All you need to do is mirror the image, print and get the iron going.

https://www.staples.com/Avery-3271-Inkjet-L.../product_355125

I've made some silly T-shirts for birthday, retirements, etc. using this stuff. Works great for one-offs, just not long lasting like a properly silk-screened T-shirt.
Shivers
QUOTE(vitamin914 @ Mar 4 2022, 04:26 AM) *

Staples sells DIY Avery heat transfer paper for inkjet printers. All you need to do is mirror the image, print and get the iron going.

https://www.staples.com/Avery-3271-Inkjet-L.../product_355125

I've made some silly T-shirts for birthday, retirements, etc. using this stuff. Works great for one-offs, just not long lasting like a properly silk-screened T-shirt.

That is the problem, they don't last. But yes, I've done the same for events, lasts long enough for that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.