Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paypal and Ship Station - NO UPS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bdstone914
I have a Paypal business account that has always allowed me to ship USPS and UPS packages through Paypal even if the item was not paid through Paypal. So Paypal changed the shipping to work through Ship Station. Found that the UPS option no longer appeared even though the UPS logo appears as an option. Called Paypal and they said that as they installed Ship Station the UPS option was not working and I would need to ship directly through Ship Station by setting up an account. The minimum fee is $8 per month for up to 50 packages. First month is free.
Setting up the account had a number of glitches. Fortunately a person from Ship station called me and after about 20 minutes we got it to work. The fee bugs me but in the end it was worth it. I was shipping a large package and the cost of UPS through Ship station was about half of what UPS online would cost.
Hope this helps other who use Paypal for shipping.
Olympic 914
I switched to "Pirate Ship"

I don't ship much though, but it has worked fine so far.
IronHillRestorations
You might look into setting up a UPS account
bdstone914
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Mar 3 2022, 09:36 AM) *

I tried them once for an international shipment. It flagged the shipment for review because i listed brake fluid reservoir. I have used Parcel Monkey for international shipping. It even gave choices for UPS pickup.
Pezz
I noticed change to PP Ship Station that no longer offer USPS Flat Rate shipping and now offers UPS shipping, so all my Flat Rate with USPS has to go to USPS Click-N-Ship to print my own labels. My business account with PPal just lost value when I have to use a Credit card to ship Flat Rate with USPS. headbang.gif
GregAmy
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 3 2022, 11:00 AM) *
It flagged the shipment for review because i listed brake fluid reservoir.

the correct answer is..."auto parts." Yes, auto parts.
mepstein
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 3 2022, 11:00 AM) *

QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Mar 3 2022, 09:36 AM) *

I tried them once for an international shipment. It flagged the shipment for review because i listed brake fluid reservoir. I have used Parcel Monkey for international shipping. It even gave choices for UPS pickup.

I continue to use Parcel Monkey for international. I just shipped two 914-6 engine cases. Worked great.

I'm happy with my fedex account. I use it all the time.

And yes, everything is listed as auto parts
ChrisFoley
I've never heard of a brake fluid reservoir. If you want to be specific it's a Master Cylinder Reservoir.
ejm
QUOTE(ChrisFoley @ Mar 3 2022, 07:42 PM) *

I've never heard of a brake fluid reservoir. If you want to be specific it's a Master Cylinder Reservoir.

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Went thru all of this last year. Moved everything to PirateShip and use Fedex for the big stuff. Refused to pay $8 FEE. Sure it is a pain to write down address for shipments but I get it done quickly.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(ejm @ Mar 3 2022, 09:20 PM) *

TY

I was being facetious though, because I know not to mention fluids at the USPS. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.