Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rebel Racing not responding
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mgarrison
Those that have purchased from Rebel Racing in the past - is not answering the phone or email typical? I did get them to answer about 2 weeks ago. They said they were waiting on their anodizer - they were behind on the steering couplers.

Now, I can't get them to answer emails or the phone, and their voicemail says its full. I'm not sure if I should just wait, or call my credit card company ASAP to try and reverse payment. I placed my order on February 8th...

A couple other vendors also don't seem to reply to emails, but usually answer their phones. I thought I'd read something about Rebel's full VM and lack of response on the forum, but can't find it for reference.

Really concerned/confused...
markhoward
Its common. Had one time where a phone order never came but i was never charged. Other times where no communication but the order just showed. His stuff is really nice and can be had by other vendors such as Tarrett. If you happen to get him on the phone, his communication is great. There are threads on this subject on Pelican.
mgarrison
QUOTE(markhoward @ Mar 3 2022, 08:34 AM) *

Its common. Had one time where a phone order never came but i was never charged. Other times where no communication but the order just showed. His stuff is really nice and can be had by other vendors such as Tarrett. If you happen to get him on the phone, his communication is great. There are threads on this subject on Pelican.

Thanks! I really appreciate the info. Yes, when he answered, he was very kind and apologetic...I'm just not used to a company/vendor simply not responding! confused24.gif
mb911
Clint is going through a major changes at the moment. That alongside material shortages..
mepstein
Clint is a good guy. He’s been this way for years. Not a scammer just not a customer service oriented business. I plan to buy parts for my 912 from him with the expectation it may take a while.
JamesM
I remember communication/delays being an issue when i ordered my front bushing setup 10+ years ago even, but the parts came and they were amazing and it sounded common then as well. I probably would worry to much. One man operation it sounded like.

That said, there are some other resellers their carry his products, told myself if i needed more it might be quicker/more confidence inspiring to go through one of the resellers.
mgarrison
Thanks everyone! Much appreciated...I'll sit tight and wait for Clint to come through. It's very hard to tell how large an operation is based on the website. wacko.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(mgarrison @ Mar 3 2022, 11:35 AM) *

Thanks everyone! Much appreciated...I'll sit tight and wait for Clint to come through. It's very hard to tell how large an operation is based on the website. wacko.gif

I think it's just him and maybe a family member. Ben knows him well. It will be frustrating if you are in a rush but that's just the way he is.

And like Ben said, material shortages and world issues are making things difficult for everyone.
mb911
I can get parts from him if needed so feel free to PM and I will see what I can do.
Justinp71

I ordered parts end of last year and got them in 2-3 weeks. I hear he is in and out of communication. I think it just depends on what he has going on. He probably needs a dedicated salesmen that can answer phone calls.
mb911
Guys he has a significant life changing event going right now. His family is helping out as much as they can. It's gonna be a while before things normalize.
Steve
Sorry to hear that. Love his products!!
mgarrison
I'm just gonna sit tight until I hear from him, or the parts show up. It's just difficult sitting here waiting on two vendors to deliver on stuff I ordered weeks ago(the other vendor it was 11/1/21!). I have this sinking feeling the parts will finally show up when its over 100 degrees again, and I wont want to work on the car anymore... headbang.gif
Steve
QUOTE(mgarrison @ Mar 4 2022, 06:29 AM) *

I'm just gonna sit tight until I hear from him, or the parts show up. It's just difficult sitting here waiting on two vendors to deliver on stuff I ordered weeks ago(the other vendor it was 11/1/21!). I have this sinking feeling the parts will finally show up when its over 100 degrees again, and I wont want to work on the car anymore... headbang.gif

Does Patrick Motorsports have what you need? They are very close to you.
There's other vendors. You can always cancel the order or return it.
Mikey914
I get it. Being a small business it's had to keep all the balls in the air. It may be difficult to get back to folks when you're in the shop making the parts needed and then some. It's even harder with other issues going on too, but I'd suspect that you will hear back in a few days.

Business get known for their actions over time, and these days you can make a business look much more professional and larger than they are on the internet. The problem is that when you do that, it's expected that the trappings of a large business are also there (ie someone to pick up the phone and answer emails).

Being that this thread is only 2 days old, I'd try reaching out for another couple of days, and if the product is available elsewhere you may be forced to go a different route.

mgarrison
QUOTE(Steve @ Mar 4 2022, 08:06 AM) *

Sadly, I refuse to do business with PMS which is frustrating since they are only about 30min from me. Horrible experience with them trying to source 5 bolt conversion parts...they have TONS of take off parts, but want more for used struts WITHOUT inserts than brand new Bilstein struts WITH inserts. I believe it's the sales guy - Mr. Patrick was very helpful and accommodating to me - he mentioned the take off parts, and that he was willing to deal on them. I don't think his sales staff received that message.
Steve
QUOTE(mgarrison @ Mar 4 2022, 09:27 AM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Mar 4 2022, 08:06 AM) *

Sadly, I refuse to do business with PMS which is frustrating since they are only about 30min from me. Horrible experience with them trying to source 5 bolt conversion parts...they have TONS of take off parts, but want more for used struts WITHOUT inserts than brand new Bilstein struts WITH inserts. I believe it's the sales guy - Mr. Patrick was very helpful and accommodating to me - he mentioned the take off parts, and that he was willing to deal on them. I don't think his sales staff received that message.

That's too bad. I lived in Chandler across from the Intel plant from 95-2000 and hung out at Jim's shop a lot. I've had nothing but good experience with Jim and he was always super helpful with advice, service, support, etc. I've never tried to buy used parts from him. We have quite a few swap meets in so cal as well as wrecking yards. I bought a lot of Jim's new conversion parts. The parts are not cheap, but the time trying to make it myself or hunt around is more trouble than its worth. He also fixed my 916 trans when two other shops in so cal, could not figure it out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.