Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I GOT ONE!!!!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jaiden
FInally I found my teener! I picked it up on Friday Night (late) From a fellow club member RUPERT14. I have to say he's one of the nicest Guys you'll ever meet.

1972 914 with a '75 2.0 liter motor (details and pics will follow once I get a place to host the pics? Blog?

I can barely contain myself and I had to fight off the feeling to call in sick to work just to stare at it all day!!!!!!!!

The car SOOOOO NICE!!! I could only find 3 rust bubbles on the entire car and all were less than the size of a penny! It runs strong and drives good. The paint is great the interior everything!!

The teener is beautiful but does need some loose end tightened up but man what a car!!!!!

I look forward to picking all of the brains on this sight and now since I have my girl I want to meet up will the fellow club members in my area.

If anyone is ever in the poconos give me a shout!!!

Jeroen
congrats on the new car smilie_pokal.gif

you can post pics just in any post (limited to 1 pic per post)
or you can upload 'm to your blog
so get cranking before you see this smiley:
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
davep
Congratulations. I'm sure you will enjoy her company.

I was down through PA yesterday on my way down to Suffield OH, home of the Goodyear blimp. The friend I visited lives less than a mile from the hanger, so the blimp was buzzing us every once in a while.
meares
congrats!!!!! hope you have fun with it!
macpro
Great! Well worth the wait it sounds like. We would love to see those photo so we can share in your joy.
beerchug.gif
Jaiden
Here's a pic I got from the PO.
Just a teaser pic.
Jaiden
Here's the interior!

It's hot!!!

tat2dphreak
smilie_pokal.gif that is one SLICK interior!!! I love to color too!!
mharrison
That's a nice looking car. I was tempted to buy it myself.
smg914
If you think you love your 914 now, wait until you take it for a cruise around the Pocono's and the Delaware Water Gap areas of Pennsylvania. Congratulations on your new ride.
Jaiden
Dash up close.

tat2dphreak
are those 356 gauges?! idea.gif
Jaiden
I was told that the guages are from a 912 the speedo, Fuel Guage and Tach work but the Clock, Oil Temp and the Oil tank guage still need to be worked out. I guess I'll find something to use the Oil tank guage for. The Temp guage needs to be hooked up ASAP. I got a new sending unit that I got from the PO.
That's the first thing I'm doing is getting the temp guage hooked up. I would hate to overheat the car.

TravisNeff
The car looks great. The PO had posted pictures about doing the dash/guage conversions here some time ago.
lapuwali
QUOTE (Jaiden @ Aug 1 2005, 06:13 AM)
I was told that the guages are from a 912 the speedo, Fuel Guage and Tach work but the Clock, Oil Temp and the Oil tank guage still need to be worked out. I guess I'll find something to use the Oil tank guage for. The Temp guage needs to be hooked up ASAP. I got a new sending unit that I got from the PO.
That's the first thing I'm doing is getting the temp guage hooked up. I would hate to overheat the car.

The clock is also an early 911/912 unit. The green on black gauges were all used by the early 911 ('65-'67) and 912. They switched to white on black in '68 for both cars.

I can't really see the gauges well enough, but on the five-gauge 912 dash, they were left to right: fuel level/warning light, oil temp (unnumbered)/e-brake warning light, tach, speedo, clock. On the three-gauge dash, the combo gauge was "vertical" rather than "horizontal" (which matched all years of the 911), and the combo gauge had oil temp and fuel level in one housing. There was also a (rare) optional five-gauge dash which used the three-gauge combo gauge, but put a mechanical outside air-temp gauge where the fuel level gauge goes, with a clock on the opposite side.

The left-side combo gauges all have replaceable modules, and you can mix and match all you like. A nice combo is to have fuel level and a voltmeter on the left gauge, with oil temp and oil pressure in the second combo gauge. NH Speedo can provide you with the voltmeter, and they can redo your white-on-black gauge faces to match the green-on-black of the other gauges.

If your clock works, consider yourself lucky. They rarely do.

lapuwali
Looking again at your gauge photos, it looks like you have a 914 fuel level gauge in the second combo gauge, and a 912 fuel gauge in the leftmost combo gauge. That's not an oil level gauge. Find 911 oil pressure gauge module ($25-30 on ebay) to replace the 914 fuel gauge, and hook up the 914 fuel tank sender to the 912 gauge. I'm 99% certain they match. The 914 warning light should connect to the bulb that's in the bottom half of the left-most gauge. They just took a complete set of 912 gauges and swapped the e-brake warning light for a 914 fuel gauge.
Jaiden
Thanks for all the responces!!

I can'twait to get back to the house to start tinkering!!!!

redshift
smile.gif You HAVE to wait.

Congrats! Be carfeul out there!

M
Brent
Sweet guage pod....what color is the paint?
rick 918-S
QUOTE (Brent @ Aug 1 2005, 12:28 PM)
Sweet guage pod....what color is the paint?

Is that Ravenna Green? I love that color!
Jaiden
it's Ravenna green and from what I can tell the car was this color originally.

Unless of course the PO had the car stripped down to nothing and painted. Which is a definite possibility considering the condition.

johnmhudson111
QUOTE (Jaiden @ Aug 1 2005, 07:15 AM)
1972 914 with a '75 2.0 liter motor (details and pics will follow once I get a place to host the pics? Blog?

I can barely contain myself and I had to fight off the feeling to call in sick to work just to stare at it all day!!!!!!!!

Congrats! clap.gif I know your going to have a lot of fun with the car! I can't wait for my car to get here, I traced it this morning and it has made it to Dallas....
CptTripps
That's a pretty nice car. It's been around the block a few times, I even considered it myself at one point.

ENJOY IT!

If yo can, drive it to MWC this weekend in Michigan. We'd love to have you!
ClayPerrine
Sooooo.... You are in MS, and you have a 914. Why not fire it up and drive it to the MUSR? You could have some fun and meet up with a bunch of 914 loonies like yourself.

Jaiden
To be honest I would LOVE!!!! to hit MWC and MUSR but I have to wait until the Insurance (tommorrow) and registration (?) are complete to drive it any real distance. Plus the better half has a horse show with her new Paint that i have to attend (for investment purposes). Maybe I can push the paper work through but what about the old lady??? I don't think that I can convince her.......

I might as well ask!!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Jaiden @ Aug 2 2005, 08:14 AM)
To be honest I would LOVE!!!! to hit MWC and MUSR but I have to wait until the Insurance (tommorrow) and registration (?) are complete to drive it any real distance. Plus the better half has a horse show with her new Paint that i have to attend (for investment purposes). Maybe I can push the paper work through but what about the old lady??? I don't think that I can convince her.......

I might as well ask!!

You can tell her that Granbury has GREAT shopping. Plus we have a "in" on the chamber of commerece that can get anything she buys shipped for you, so you don't have to haul it home in a 914!

biggrin.gif
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Aug 2 2005, 09:10 AM)
Sooooo.... You are in MS, and you have a 914. Why not fire it up and drive it to the MUSR? You could have some fun and meet up with a bunch of 914 loonies like yourself.

Yep, I moved back to MS about 9 years ago. Like Jaiden I have to tie up a few loose ends before the car will be "road worthy", mainly put the front windshield in. But don't think for a second that I won't be terrorizing the small children and animals in my neighborhood while I make "test runs" driving.gif
mharrison
I would love to attend the MUSR, but my engine is currently on a dolly in the garage while I await my engine shelf from Restoration Design.

I plan to attend next year!

-Matt
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (mharrison @ Aug 2 2005, 08:34 AM)
I would love to attend the MUSR, but my engine is currently on a dolly in the garage while I await my engine shelf from Restoration Design.

I plan to attend next year!

-Matt

Show up anyway. Even if you don't bring your 914, you are encouoraged to come. It's fun and you get to meet a bunch of other 914 junkies.. biggrin.gif

Remember, your car doesn't have to run, or you don't even have to own a 914 to come to the MUSR. You just have to want to attend.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.