Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB ritche ginther windscreen
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
roadsportusa
WTB Ginther windscreen
Craigers17
I'm guessing you're not looking to buy new, but if so, these guys appear to have them. Good luck!

https://www.gt-racing.com/914-richie-ginthe...screen-part-86/
BillJ
That seems really reasonably priced!
dug
The description says the gt-racing one is made of handlaid fiberglass. The real ones are transparent grey plexiglass (or equivalent not 100% sure of the material.)
GregAmy
Tribute or function? If function for a race car then material doesn't matter.

If "tribute" then this can be used as a mold to bend out an appropriate Lexan panel.
brant
The svra rules only accept translucent , so not fiberglass
The reason the lexan ones are required
brant
I don’t think I will build another race car
Could sell the one I have for 1k
It’s new

Shipping would be difficult though
GregAmy
QUOTE(brant @ Mar 5 2022, 08:22 AM) *

The svra rules only accept translucent , so not fiberglass
The reason the lexan ones are required

Is that explicitly the case with SVRA?

Reason I ask, SCCA Prod regs state that "Any portion of the windshield that is in the driver’s line of sight, must be constructed of a clear material."

Ignoring the absurdity that one of these is actually a "replacement windshield" (though it was a very clever non-literal interpretation of the regs in order to reduce drag*) would not SVRA accept SCCA regulations?

Greg

*I don't know if these guys came up with it first, but SCCA allows "open top cars" (including targas) to replace the windshield with something else, and remove the windshield frame. The regs limit the maximum size a windsgield can be - basically, no taller nor father back then the locations of the original frame - but not the minimum size. Doing so allows you to reduce the drag of the windshield, provide airflow over draggy parts of the interior like the dash, steering wheel, and to an extent the driver torso, and it allows you to run a "low front hoop" cage design, with the front lateral frame within that replacement windshield. Of course, you can remove the rear glass, too.

Too bad it's not allowed for any car; I can think of a few tin tops that would look really neat with the "low hoop" open-top design.
stownsen914
Seems like there would be demand for someone to make the lexan ones again. I wonder if we could convince 914 Rubber?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.