Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starting down the road
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
biggrin.gif
VaccaRabite
The new Milwaukee impact tools are no joke. I got the larger impact to replace my pneumatic one and its a total beast.

Zach
Van B
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Mar 4 2022, 06:44 PM) *

The new Milwaukee impact tools are no joke. I got the larger impact to replace my pneumatic one and its a total beast.

Zach

agree.gif
I’m already committed to the Bosch line and I’m very impressed with their new 1/2” impact. But if I were to start over, the Milwaukee line is the best thing going right now.
930cabman
I switched to Makita several years ago and never looked back.
You will be happy with the Milwaukee line, one of my employees has them and is very happy.

It doesn't seem that long ago when cordless was born, late '80's maybe early '90's
mepstein
I don’t think there is any one best. I wouldn’t know it if there was. I’m not a picky or a power user. I just decided I like their tools and the platform would be way more than I ever needed. Most of the work I do will be out of my house so I don’t need an assortment of 40 cordless tools but these two should be super useful. There are a couple more sitting n my cart.

I did have some 80’s-90’s cordless tools. They never seemed to have a charge when I needed them. I’m still a fan of corded tools. Some of mine are a decade or more old and work great. There’s just some tools that make sense to be able to grab, use as needed and put back on the bench.
Van B
You ever watch Project Farm on YouTube?

He’s like an honest consumer reports for the handy man. Every time he does a power tool test a Milwaukee tool is right up there in the top.

Edit: also, Milwaukee’s performance is no accident. It’s chosen by Techtronics to be the flagship brand.
https://www.ttigroup.com/our-business/brands/
infraredcalvin
Speaking of Milwaukee, I’ve gotten addicted to their packout system…. I’ve got them sorted for race day, just stack and click in the car and head out.

Click to view attachment
mepstein
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Mar 5 2022, 11:47 AM) *

Speaking of Milwaukee, I’ve gotten addicted to their packout system…. I’ve got them sorted for race day, just stack and click in the car and head out.

Click to view attachment

I’ve heard it’s a great system and our detailer has some. I’m glad I don’t need to be mobile.
mgp4591
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 4 2022, 04:41 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Smart move! I picked up a large DeWalt impact for my mobile tools and it's got more torque than my AirCat impact, about 1200 ft lbs. It was on sale for Christmas and was a loaded package for 200 and the gun alone is usually that much...makes work so much easier. The variable torque setting lets it work pretty well as a 3/8ths gun as well except the size is sometimes prohibitive. Pretty happy with the setup.
beech4rd
I think you guys are amateurs in the tools addiction stakes. Never, ever buy anything with the word Festool on it. It's like you spent your whole life driving a Triumph Spitfire and then someone loaned you a Porsche 914.
https://www.festoolusa.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.