Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is there a specific aftermarket VDO fuel gauge to use?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
Good morning and happy weekend gentlemen. I have a 911 oil pressure gauge that I’m using in the dash panel so I need to get a fuel gauge connected.

I managed to fix all the wiring so the original 914 combination gauge works but it’s pretty giant and won’t fit neatly in the center consul. I’ve seen a number of people running the VDO fuel gauge and I just wanted to check if there’s a specific one that plays nice with our fuel centers.

Thanks!
9146C
I used the internals from a VDO 301-020 to work with my custom tach gauge.

No issues with the stock sender unit.

I'm assuming the stock VDO gauge should work without issue.
Tdskip
It is a very nice set up, I think I saw that on the “show me your gauges “thread I started a while ago.

Thinking about this one;

JBugs gauge
9146C
The VDO 301-020 has a 10-65 ohm range...if I recall (and I'm going by memory only!), the OEM fuel gauge is a 10-57 ohm range. Please do a little more research on that OEM range though...or someone else can chime in.

I noticed the one you posted (301-015) is a 10-180 range.
Tdskip
Will do some more digging to see what tables they have.
914Sixer
Fuel gauge range is 0-90 ohms, same as VW.
Montreal914
@9146C smilie_pokal.gif That is exactly the setup I would like to have! smile.gif
IMO, it offers a nicer balance in the instruments vs the left triple gauge setup.

Do you have a build thread on this? Really curious as to which tach housing year and components you used to do this and also how you painted/printed the fuel gauge scale on the face.

Really cool!!! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
0-90 ohms
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Mar 5 2022, 07:27 AM) *

Good morning and happy weekend gentlemen. I have a 911 oil pressure gauge that I’m using in the dash panel so I need to get a fuel gauge connected.

I managed to fix all the wiring so the original 914 combination gauge works but it’s pretty giant and won’t fit neatly in the center consul. I’ve seen a number of people running the VDO fuel gauge and I just wanted to check if there’s a specific one that plays nice with our fuel centers.

Thanks!

Tdskip
Thanks gentlemen
Tdskip
JBugs doesn't carry the correct range gauge. Found it here;

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/inpa...do-10-06652.php

Summit Racing has them as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.