Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield trim clips
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dwillouby
I need to install some missing trim clips around the windshield. Is it possible to install these without removing the windshield? The windshield was installed a few months back and the missing clips were not noticed. I will hate to pull it out again just for a few clips.

David
l84ttym
I had to replace the center top clip and the driver side corner clip and did so without removing the windshield or any strange tools. Don't know if I was supposed to pull the windshield but without ruining the soft clips was able to get them on and they are fine. Haven't lost them and they seem to be very secure. Don't know if your model is the same but I have a 1971 914-4.

Good Luck!!!
TravisNeff
Can you re-use the clips or are they a one use only deal?
l84ttym
The replacement clips that I got from Performance Products were very soft (aluminum I believe) and bent easily. I would think that you could re-use them as long as they were not bent beyond recognition. I thought I ruined one before I even had it on the car but was able to bend it back into form.
McMark
I believe you're talking about the small black plastic ones. They are a one time use item in my opinion. I've heard too many horror stories about trim flying off at speed. There will be some cases where they can be replaced with the windshield in place. Most often, and especially with non-original glass, there will be clips that cannot be replaced. If fact, if you're not careful when installing the glass (or again with poor aftermarket glass) you can actually bump up against the clips which will not allow them to snap over the trim.
TravisNeff
Thanks for the clarification McMark!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.