Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fog lights side markers and clock
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lexus914
Do the fog lights, side markers and clock share the same circuit/ and same relay?
All of those quit functioning at the same time. 1973 914 2.0
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(lexus914 @ Mar 6 2022, 11:29 AM) *

Do the fog lights, side markers and clock share the same circuit/ and same relay?

No, they don't use the same relay.

The side marker lights are connected to the front park lights and use the same circuit. I would check the bulb to see if the connection is corroded.

The clock is powered by fuse 11, and that is connected to the battery. Check the fuse and the fuse contacts for corrosion.

The fog lights are powered through the same circuit as the fresh air blower and wipers through fuse 10. If your wipers work, then it is probably the fog light relay.

And as always,check the grounds for them.
lexus914
[quote name='ClayPerrine' date='Mar 6 2022, 10:00 AM' post='2986120']
[quote name='lexus914' post='2986115' date='Mar 6 2022, 11:29 AM']
[/quote]

The side marker lights are connected to the front park lights and use the same circuit. I would check the bulb to see if the connection is corroded.

The clock is powered by fuse 11, and that is connected to the battery. Check the fuse and the fuse contacts for corrosion.

The fog lights are powered through the same circuit as the fresh air blower and wipers through fuse 10. If your wipers work, then it is probably the fog light relay.

Thanks, that is helpful
lexus914
[quote name='lexus914' date='Mar 6 2022, 10:17 AM' post='2986122']
[quote name='ClayPerrine' date='Mar 6 2022, 10:00 AM' post='2986120']
[quote name='lexus914' post='2986115' date='Mar 6 2022, 11:29 AM']
[/quote]

Thanks, that is helpful
Okay, I Got the side markers to work, thank you. I took the relay out of my headlight motor because they work), and put it in each of the relays on my fuse block, but that didn’t do it. My wipers work as does my blower, so, do you suggest looking at connections for corrosion at my fog lamps?
ClayPerrine
Drop the fuse box down. There are relays on top of it. One of those is the aux power relay.

Did you check for blown fuses and corrosion on the fuse contacts?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.