Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sheridan article in Excellence
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brett W
I am not sure who this fellow was that wrote the article but it wasn't a very good article. He had some glaring mistakes. He says the "cage and structure to the front and rear shock towers is made of 1.0 and 1.25x.095 wall chromoly tubing, slightly larger than what the SCCA required". Wrong. SCCA won't allow anything smaller than 1 3/8 chromoly tubing.

All in all the article was not as good as the European Car article which it looks like this one was paraphrased from.
URY914
I caught the 1" tubing mistake also.
I thought the pictures sucked.
Maybe Rodger didn't want anyone to see the front suspension details?

P
Brett W
His supension is not that complicated. He did what Kevin did to his car on a tube chassis scale. I am pretty sure that SCCA changed the rules to require the strut to be mounted inside the spring, so his setup is obsolete now. The rear is pretty trick but it is nothing that a good engineer or racer with good experience and knowledge couldn't come up with.

I have better pictures on my computer of Rogers car. IN addition to the set of articles from European car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.