Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chrome woes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djway
Last April I sent some freshly chromed parts to ValcoOscar as I got hit sitting at a stop sign in my Notchback. Front bumper tweaked and small dent in headlight ring.
Oscar had done them for me and they had not been on the car very long when hit. There had been some problems originally. belt sander marks on headlight rings, but he took care of them.
So last April I sent back the bumper and one headlight ring. In July I got them back and the headlight ring once again you could see belt sander scratches and the bumper had a divot in a area that had not been damaged in the accident. I had to go with the bumper so I could get back on the road. I had provided him two headlight rings and let him choose which was best. It did not have sanding belt scratches.
I sent the headlight ring back then he went dark.
Last time I was able to get him to respond was on here in a private message last December 21st. I asked him to either return the ring as is and refund the cost of chrome or fix it as he did before.
He has not replied since.
Take this for what you will but this is not how you do business.
mate914
I never met ValcoOscer but he did send me some free swag that I sport with my 914.
This is a Porsche 914 and 9146 web sight. Not a bitch to the crowed and expect us to group condemn him.
Matt flag.gif
Freezin 914
Maybe give him a bit more time to reply. He is a well respected member, I am sure he is just busy with life, as we all are.
Just my .02
Hope it gets worked out between you both.
Shivers
The dude is cool, like said maybe give a bit more time. There has been a shortage of everything lately. I would imagine consumables and even chrome are in short supply. He's not the only one having a hard time keeping up with orders here.
IronHillRestorations
I don’t have a dog in this hunt, but I’m wondering what you paid for the work and how much time and trouble Oscar has in it.

I know he’s not doing the chrome work, probably just acting as a middleman.
Cairo94507
Oscar is the most giving member on this site; he does countless acts of generosity all the time. I have met him and he is truly a great guy. beerchug.gif
Superhawk996
QUOTE(djway @ Mar 7 2022, 01:57 AM) *

Too much going on in the OP and not knowing the facts from both parties, I'm not going to comment on that aspect of the post.

It may just be me, but I don't really think of "doing business" with others on this site. This is a hobby. Even when I'm buying parts on the forum, I don't really see it as a business transaction in the same light that I would with a repair shop, a commercial .com site like Pelican, or a brick & mortar.

For the most part, this is just a forum of hobbyist's helping hobbyists.

I sent Oscar a complete set of trunk hinges a while back for the GT lightening and plating treatment. Haven't heard much. I'm sure he's busy with a lot of projects. I'm not even remotely concerned about when I get them back. Oscar will come though.

Oscar has a demonstrated history of being a great asset to this site and his generosity is well documented here.

Hang in there. Its been a rough couple years for all of us. The supply chain restrictions, and processing delays for all sorts of products and services are very real. I'm sure Oscar will respond as soon as he can.
mepstein
Be careful talking trash about Oscar. He’s one of the most giving people I know.
sb914
QUOTE(djway @ Mar 6 2022, 10:57 PM) *

Last April I sent some freshly chromed parts to ValcoOscar as I got hit sitting at a stop sign in my Notchback. Front bumper tweaked and small dent in headlight ring.
Oscar had done them for me and they had not been on the car very long when hit. There had been some problems originally. belt sander marks on headlight rings, but he took care of them.
So last April I sent back the bumper and one headlight ring. In July I got them back and the headlight ring once again you could see belt sander scratches and the bumper had a divot in a area that had not been damaged in the accident. I had to go with the bumper so I could get back on the road. I had provided him two headlight rings and let him choose which was best. It did not have sanding belt scratches.
I sent the headlight ring back then he went dark.
Last time I was able to get him to respond was on here in a private message last December 21st. I asked him to either return the ring as is and refund the cost of chrome or fix it as he did before.
He has not replied since.

Dude !
Oscar doesn’t run a friggin chrome shop.
He did it as a favor.
You should be fucking happy he did it .
And why call him out in public.? headbang.gif
Oscar is the most generous person I know
Inside and outside of this forum..
Your not going to get any sympathy from anyone here
So just go get your shit done somewhere else .
CASOB!!!
drem914
QUOTE(sb914 @ Mar 7 2022, 06:30 AM) *

Dude !
Oscar doesn’t run a friggin chrome shop.
He did it as a favor.
You should be fucking happy he did it .
And why call him out in public.? headbang.gif
Oscar is the most generous person I know
Inside and outside of this forum..
Your not going to get any sympathy from anyone here
So just go get your shit done somewhere else .
CASOB!!!

agree.gif

I don't think you will find anyone that knows Oscar disagreeing with what you said.
horizontally-opposed
Just a quick comment on the quality of the chrome Oscar had done for me:

I spent the better part of 20 years looking on and off again for a great early front bumper. Oscar is the one who got it done, and delivered it safely. And it is beautiful. Almost too nice to run, but run it I will.
ValcoOscar
Dwane-

Sorry I couldn’t meet your expectations.
Oscar

I've moved on... beerchug.gif

Van B
Am I on Rennlist?
bobboinski
Another vote for Oscar. With what he charged me to repair, chrome, and ship my bumper it truly must be considered a non profit operation. He does have a real business you know. When someone is doing you a favor it is best to be understanding. And yes the bumper came out beautiful.
rgolia
And another Oscar fan here. Wish I had business in CA so I could thank him in person.
ndfrigi
Agreed with all the positive comments and support to Oscar! He is one of the best member here!
All what he does here for us is not for profit but just to help all of us!
Hope everything will be resolve with any concerns!

Robarabian
Oscar has never given me anything.... except a warm smile, a hearty handshake, some great car advice and a warm welcome whenever I see him at an event. More generous they don't make any more. my .02 cents.
rgalla9146

Oscar is a legend. Big props from the east coast.
VaccaRabite
Oscar got to respond. I'm closing this down now.

I've said it before and I'll say it again now.
The garage is not the proper place to air grievances. Keep the energy positive in here.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.