Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Amelia Werks Reunion 2022
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
great time, met some cool people,
including Wayne Carini, Magnus Walker, and a few others. i wish i had more time to see other stuff but it’s hard when you are showing and getting judged, have to stay near the car.
Magus checked out the 914’s and btw Ben Mcfarland he loved the exhaust sound and look!!
John Forbes with the 911 RSR car,
-driving the A1A getting a shadow of the car and the skis
-driving in on the A1A with the sun rise over the ocean,
-all set up in the field- -
-annual tradition of meeting and driving in with the air cools club in Jax Florida , a few 911 ans Cayman cousins joined in
DRPHIL914
more—-
Rick from Rix914parts with his trophy creamsicle
and a beautiful just restored ‘74 green 914 that was this year’s winner.
and Nathan and his cool rally/safari 914
DRPHIL914
more more more

Kelly-Moss 911 Safari builds,
lots of 996’s!! in the coral,
Aritist Kelly Telfair repainted and re-purposed the pig from Porkies!! yes that very same pig!
BillJ
Great shots Phil and the car looks fantastic!
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(BillJ @ Mar 7 2022, 08:57 AM) *

Thanks Bill! I drove it down, Mike (the blue 914 in the morning pics ) met up in Hinesville Ga and drove down together, on I95 a 2 foot long chunk of semi tire tread was kicked up by the car in front of me and hit the front of my car, scraping across the hood ans windshield at 70mph!!! scratched my new painted hood and luckily the skis caught it and kept it from hitting Mike behind me! I put about 700 miles on the car so now i am up to 2000 miles on the rebuild but i have a bad push rod tube seal leak on left side and the RMS is leaking so the motor is coming out next week, i am going to clean all that up and get it taken care of before it makes a bigger mess. on the good side it runs great!!! motor is strong and tight, love it!! .
DRPHIL914
yellow 911 is a 1974 will if i believe was the Sebring race, restored and now a Werks winner too- enjoyed meeting the owner and gave him the “porsche emotional support vehicle” sticker and found out later he put it on his car!! very cool
Jamie
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Mar 7 2022, 06:10 AM) *

Thanks Bill! I drove it down, Mike (the blue 914 in the morning pics ) met up in Hinesville Ga and drove down together, on I95 a 2 foot long chunk of semi tire tread was kicked up by the car in front of me and hit the front of my car, scraping across the hood ans windshield at 70mph!!! scratched my new painted hood and luckily the skis caught it and kept it from hitting Mike behind me! I put about 700 miles on the car so now i am up to 2000 miles on the rebuild but i have a bad push rod tube seal leak on left side and the RMS is leaking so the motor is coming out next week, i am going to clean all that up and get it taken care of before it makes a bigger mess. on the good side it runs great!!! motor is strong and tight, love it!! .

You must be quite a topic of conversation driving in with snow ski's on display in Florida! stirthepot.gif
Cairo94507
@DRPHIL914 - Thanks for the pictures; looks like a great event. Your car represents well for the 914. beerchug.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Jamie @ Mar 7 2022, 10:09 AM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Mar 7 2022, 06:10 AM) *

You must be quite a topic of conversation driving in with snow ski's on display in Florida! stirthepot.gif

absolutely! you know most people understand whats going one and see all these old cars etc around , it was also Biker Week in Daytona Fla so id drove down to see my daughter and son-in-law that live there its about 90 minutes away but due to traffic it took 3 ours along the A1a coastal road and several smart-as bikers have to ask where the snow is lol! but it was well appreciated by the crowd.
i did think about it a lot, but every time i stopped for gas i had people taking pictures, the conversations are always fun. Same thing at werks, so many people have 914 experiences and memories from their youth its amazing.

southernmost914
That guy in the Sunflower 2.0 is a kind of a weirdo. shades.gif Nice to meet you Phil, every year your car just gets better........... Steve
Freezin 914
Thank you for posting for those who couldn’t attend. Your car looks great! beerchug.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(southernmost914 @ Mar 8 2022, 07:32 PM) *

That guy in the Sunflower 2.0 is a kind of a weirdo. shades.gif Nice to meet you Phil, every year your car just gets better........... Steve
QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Mar 8 2022, 08:07 PM) *

Thank you for posting for those who couldn’t attend. Your car looks great! beerchug.gif

glad to, i have a lot more photos, and will post some more. I was hoping others that were there would also post some pictures.

Steve, your car is well sorted and very nice, and hey we like 914's so we are all weird lol!! Hope to see you again soon at another Jax/St. Augustine event. Love the sound of your exhaust too! I tried to up my game and present the car as well as i can but its hard to compete with a fully stock brand new nut and bolt restoration like that green car this year. never know what Werks judges are looking at or for, but Rick's LE and that '74 green car(winner) certainly very deserving.
Its really great that we can have 7-8 super nice 914's for people to come and see and all so different too. Different years , stock, modified etc. This year was sparse, no sixes or race cars at all which was kind of weird. They limited it too much i think. I probably will not enter it again next year, not for judging. just going to keep it clean as i can but get it out and drive more. Hope i can get to Okteenerfest this year, and some other porsche events like Luftegekuhlt and maybe Dragon Rally or Targa Carolina. AND i really want to take along trip and do the Route 66 get together, so thats on the bucket list for events for sure too.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.