Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting 75.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
74ravenna
No affiliation.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1975-porsche-914-2-0-28/

mgarrison
Ummm, I've only looked at a couple of 914 rockers, but isn't that supposed to be welded:
Click to view attachment
confused24.gif

SteveL
The longs appear to have received several ad-hoc patches, and then a quick spray with a rattle can. looks like the surface wasn't even cleaned or prepped. I'd want to do a thorough ice-pick inspection on this one before bidding.
FlacaProductions
Looks like there are new pics of the jack points - i'm guessing the originals were taken during the metal work - not upon completion.
rjames
Questionable rust repairs and paint job (looking to be covering up more rust and bad prep), yet it’s already bid to $20k.
Cairo94507
Car looks OK; several issues need attention. Rust bubbling up under the black vinyl on the roll bar, poor patches on the longs, black spray paint covering the front underside, paint job that looks very rushed, etc.

Hopefully an informed buyer gets this car knowing full well the extent of the work likely needed to take this car to the next level. beerchug.gif
budk
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Mar 7 2022, 09:58 PM) *

Looks like there are new pics of the jack points - i'm guessing the originals were taken during the metal work - not upon completion.

Updated pics do show the jack points welded - albeit poorly welded at least visually. Buyer beware on this one - lots of patches with fresh shiny paint.
friethmiller
It should be almost impossible to find any "welded-in" metal, IMO. This would be the opposite. I'm most concerned with water penetrating the small holes between the incomplete welds and that's assuming all the "cancerous" rust has been removed. No thanks!
mepstein
QUOTE(rjames @ Mar 8 2022, 02:16 AM) *

Questionable rust repairs and paint job (looking to be covering up more rust and bad prep), yet it’s already bid to $20k.

People think cars on BAT are somehow “certified”. Good photography makes any car look better. Lots of junk being sold and bat is happy to take their fee.
Jett
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 8 2022, 07:24 AM) *

People think cars on BAT are somehow “certified”. Good photography makes any car look better. Lots of junk being sold and bat is happy to take their fee.

smile.gif I bought a 911 targa some years ago on BAT from 911R in Portland… the pictures were amazing and the crowd loved the car. I expected that the mechanicals needed doing and was right… spent as much buying the car as it took to make it right. Love the car now smile.gif
74ravenna
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 8 2022, 10:24 AM) *

I agree. BAT has become an online used car lot. Some really nice stuff but a lot of ho-hum run of the mill vehicles that any of us could buy locally.....and for less $.
Dealers seem to be doing pretty well selling their inventory at astronomical prices there.
miketeener
that car was just purchased last fall for $13K. It was listed on facebook. I tried to see it but seller said it was already sold. funny how the bat listings says its been owned since 2013!
gcrotvik
warts are on backwards.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.