Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Visited a warehouse of used 914 parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rosenfe
Hi performance house, Redwood City, ca
I needed a bumper and found it, but the owner gave me a tour. 3 floors of everything 914. He has many 914 under tarps. He claimed to have dismantled 400 914. Also 912 parts.
Robarabian
They're pricey, but they have just about anything. Have bought several items from them off Ebay. They are pretty honest and throw you a bone here and there. I bought the panel that covers the master cylinder and steering rack. They included one that had the seals in good shape on both sides as a bonus. The ad only showed a metal item. Good guys.
Shivers
Is this the one?

http://www.highperformancehouse.com/
Jett
QUOTE(Robarabian @ Mar 9 2022, 07:22 AM) *

They're pricey, but they have just about anything. Have bought several items from them off Ebay. They are pretty honest and throw you a bone here and there. I bought the panel that covers the master cylinder and steering rack. They included one that had the seals in good shape on both sides as a bonus. The ad only showed a metal item. Good guys.

Bought a set of NOS 2.0 heat exchangers for a reasonable price off their eBay store.

I don’t know Rich well, but a solid seller.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
rich is a good guy and a TRUE 914 parts hoarder
double-a
jealous, i've always wanted to visit HPH. rich is a great guy, has everything (at a price haha), and helped me out tremendously when i was rebuilding my 1.8L.
SirAndy
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 9 2022, 07:34 AM) *

agree.gif
rosenfe
Yes that is the website
wonkipop
thanks for the tip off. beerchug.gif

in far of aus this is what we need to know when we got to get something real hard to get.
Van B
QUOTE(Shivers @ Mar 9 2022, 10:23 AM) *

Went to the website, but the link to their eBay store goes nowhere confused24.gif
wonkipop
QUOTE(Van B @ Mar 9 2022, 07:02 PM) *

Went to the website, but the link to their eBay store goes nowhere confused24.gif

think this might be it. (website is pretty old school may not be updated for a long time?).

https://www.ebay.com/str/highperformancehouse
windforfun
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 9 2022, 08:36 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 9 2022, 07:34 AM) *

agree.gif

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
Van B
QUOTE(wonkipop @ Mar 9 2022, 08:38 PM) *

QUOTE(Van B @ Mar 9 2022, 07:02 PM) *

think this might be it. (website is pretty old school may not be updated for a long time?).

https://www.ebay.com/str/highperformancehouse

Ah, yup, that’s it. I’ve run across his eBay store in my searches… extremely proud of his NOS collection and his shipping prices look like international shipping lol!

I did see a few parts that are tempting though.
Jett
I just bought an NOS 2.0 TPS and the shipping includes insurance and signature… Rich appears to insist that the parts are protected when shipped.
rosenfe
You can call him. He really has everything
rosenfe
Louis his helper took me on a tour. There are 3 floors separated into engine cases, heads, interior pieces, body parts, windows etc. there is so much to see that it’s a bit overwhelming.
SirAndy
QUOTE(rosenfe @ Mar 9 2022, 08:08 PM) *

Louis his helper took me on a tour. There are 3 floors separated into engine cases, heads, interior pieces, body parts, windows etc. there is so much to see that it’s a bit overwhelming.

The first time i toured his warehouse some 20 years ago, someone made a joke about "You need a driver side door? What year? What color?" and Rich would go upstairs and come back with the door in the correct color.

You need to get him to talk about his early racing days, he's got some awesome stories. And his yellow 1.8L race car is something else.
beerchug.gif

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.