Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sun Visor issues
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Radio2115
I'm sure that I must be doing something wrong here but when installed on my '70 914, the sun visors don't allow the front roof latches to drop down or reconnect as the ends of the visors are in the way. Even when pushed all the way to the center clip. Wrong visors? Wrong clips? Wrong process?
bkrantz
Photo?
Bartlett 914
I have replacement visors in my car. I had the same issue. There wasn't enough room to release the latches. My solution was to add a 1/4" spacer under the attachment at the outer ends. It is not visible. The clearance is better an works for me
GregAmy
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Mar 12 2022, 09:59 PM) *

Photo?

Right.

Not sure what the issue is, but I put bi-fold Miata visors in my street car, and the outer side extends across where the latch is. I simply rotate the visors perpendicular to the header then work the latches, and move them back afterward.
Shivers
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Mar 12 2022, 07:27 PM) *

QUOTE(bkrantz @ Mar 12 2022, 09:59 PM) *

Photo?

Right.

Not sure what the issue is, but I put bi-fold Miata visors in my street car, and the outer side extends across where the latch is. I simply rotate the visors perpendicular to the header then work the latches, and move them back afterward.

I haven't had them on my car in years, but I'm pretty sure that is how I had to do mine when I did. I pushed them forward to the wind screen and did the latches.
I do not know if this will work for you since I can not see your exact problem
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
gereed75
Yep, they do obstruct the latch mechanism a bit. Gotta finagle around it.

Not too big of a deal removing the roof but you must make sure that you slide the latch above the visor when installing the roof or you won’t be able to engage the latch catch to close the latch.

Part of the drill

Enjoy your new toy
Radio2115
Sorry, I get the distinct impression pics are in order! As you see there is no way to move the visor out of the way in any angle to allow the clips to unlatch. It sounds like perhaps a spacer to lower the visor is the only option. I'm just puzzled as to why it's a peroblem in the first place!

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
I just installed a set of 914 Rubber visors in my car. For mine, I just unlatch all 4 latches and lift the back of the roof up first and then slide the top towards the rear and lift it. Where I have an issue is putting the visors up and down as they rub a bit on the pad. I think I will just put a 1/8" washer under the mounts to give it a bit more space and that will resolve that. beerchug.gif
Radio2115
Spacers and sliding the top back to clear the visors are both perfect answers that were staring me in the face! Sometimes it's better not to try and solve a problem until it becomes one!
jvmarino
I think your problem is you have the brackets on wrong. They should project toward the windshield, not the seating area. Swap the locations of the 2 outer ones and flip the center one.
GregAmy
QUOTE(jvmarino @ Mar 13 2022, 09:27 PM) *

I think your problem is you have the brackets on wrong. They should project toward the windshield, not the seating area. Swap the locations of the 2 outer ones and flip the center one.

Good eye, nice catch!

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.